Plays of the Week 2023 Season

A point I forgot to mention. Grant’s play also had the most impact on the game result.

2 Likes

the Ti-Cats over-celebrating a TD and chirping the Argos in garbage time was the farce of the week.

Look no further back than week 1. Demerio Houston made a similar tip-toe catch (interception). Like you said, they happen every week, sometimes a DB, sometimes a receiver. What the Hamilton receiver did was good, what Grant did was amazing. No comparison.

3 Likes

You can see catches as good or better than that every week in the OSFL U18 leagues every week.

2 Likes

More than just Matt Shiltz?

:thinking:

1 Like

I can honestly say I haven’t seen any of those though.

You could also argue with a straight face that Godwin’s catch was better.

2 Likes

it was definitely better IMO. BLM’s throw was way off target.

not even that close IMO

1:

2:

3:

https://twitter.com/3DownNation/status/1670610388109651968?s=20

can’t even find Ternowski’s catch on youtube

1 Like

love re-watching Grant’s TD. seen the others once and don’t really need to see again.

Bombers are like, “nah we don’t even need to block for him…”

1 Like

Sloppy tackling doesn’t do it for me, especially when a lot of them are only in the league due to the ratio.

more like they just couldn’t catch him. garbage time hightlights don’t do it for me :wink:

1 Like

They had a hand on him 4 times

1 Like

Not surprising that Gizmo doesn’t consider the return to be as good as his best but he calls it “in there”. I called it top 10.

However you want to rank it clearly it was the play of the year so far and a nice catch, the likes of which we see most weeks, isn’t in the same ballpark in my opinion.

You might see the play I liked most weeks because Zach scores 5 touchdowns every game. I saw 5 field goals and one average touchdown.

Here are Stavros Katsantonis’s INTs of Week 1:

1 Like

What’s your play of the week?:

• Sutton INT and run back for the TD
  • Cornelius to Brown TD
  • Maier to Henry TD
  • Doege to Forbes-Mombleau TD
  • Peters goal-line strip + Robertson fumble recovery run
  • Other (specify)

0 voters

1 Like

This endzone toss from Collaros to Agudosi didn’t make the list and wasn’t a scoring play, but I think it deserves some recognition:

3 Likes

I have a feeling that years from now when Deoge is sitting atop the CFL passing charts and gunning for his third MOP award in a row that we’ll circle back to this unlikely last minute hail Mary pass-tip-catch-run TD play in garbage time as the beginning of something big.