Playoffs and Crossover Question

Wondering if the Lions fall to 4th in the west and go to the cross over and by standings are better then the 2nd team in the East..do they then host the Eastern Semi final? or because they crossed over do they have to play in Winnipeg ( who will be the 2nd team in the east)

No the 4th place West team cannot host an Eastern game. The 2nd place Eastern team would host such a game...

If it was Toronto vs. B.C. I'd give B.C. a better than even chance of winning... Winnipeg not so sure.

You can't seriously be afraid of Winnipeg. You guys would crush them. However I don't see you guys going east, looks like Riders are going to pull a first to worst in the West and go eastward.

I think this Cross Over team thing is just crap. The league should just adopt top 3 in the East and top 3 in the West play for 1st in their respective devisions and the final winner in each plays for the hardware. I am not a fan of sending the 4th place team in either devision over just because they have a higher win standing then the 3rd place team from the other side. Not to mention it also takes the luck factor out 3rd place team that gets dropped. We all know and have seen it happen where the underdog comes in and wins a nail biter when they shouldn't. That's just part of the CFL.
My point is let the BEST of the East play the BEST of the West and toss the rest. :cowboy:

by dhrcochrane on 20 Oct, 2008 - 00:15

I think this Cross Over team thing is just crap. The league should just adopt top 3 in the East and top 3 in the West play for 1st in their respective devisions and the final winner in each plays for the hardware. I am not a fan of sending the 4th place team in either devision over just because they have a higher win standing then the 3rd place team from the other side. Not to mention it also takes the luck factor out 3rd place team that gets dropped. We all know and have seen it happen where the underdog comes in and wins a nail biter when they shouldn't. That's just part of the CFL.
My point is let the BEST of the East play the BEST of the West and toss the rest. :cowboy:
dhrcochrane

Private message

I totaly agree i remember when in 1981 grey cup it was ottawa and edmonton, but what drama, ottawa that year had a 5-11 record good enough to squeeze into the playoffs in the east beat montreal in the semi and beat hamilton in the final, went into the grey cuo with hudge underdogs , as edmonton at that time had one 3 grey cups in a row, ottawa took a 20 point lead into halftime, ended up losing by one point at the end of the game but what drama, It just goes to show you that in any league if you have a week division tough luck , you get into the playoffs, you get into the playoffs, the nfl is like that say the nfc west was the weekest division and you had a 500 record and won well you still get into the playoffs.

So please cfl go back to were if you are in 3rd place in your division you get into the playoffs. that is way it has always has been and should be again.

by dhrcochrane on 20 Oct, 2008 - 00:15

dhrcochrane

Private message

I totaly agree i remember when in 1981 grey cup it was ottawa and edmonton, but what drama, ottawa that year had a 5-11 record good enough to squeeze into the playoffs in the east beat montreal in the semi and beat hamilton in the final, went into the grey cuo with hudge underdogs , as edmonton at that time had one 3 grey cups in a row, ottawa took a 20 point lead into halftime, ended up losing by one point at the end of the game but what drama, It just goes to show you that in any league if you have a week division tough luck , you get into the playoffs, you get into the playoffs, the nfl is like that say the nfc west was the weekest division and you had a 500 record and won well you still get into the playoffs.

So please cfl go back to were if you are in 3rd place in your division you get into the playoffs. that is way it has always has been and should be again.
[/quote]
Look at the West right now and your telling us that its fair for one of those teams to miss the Playoffs??? Give me a break Dupsdell you be the first to cry if the Lions had a 12-6 ,finish fourth and miss the playoffs because a 4-14 team in the east get to play in the playoffs because you want the top 3teams in the divison.
This is the reason they are doing the cross over and to tell you the truth Guys when was the last time you had 3 teams in the East playing over .500?
And Dupsdell do you even remember the records of the teams in the East in '81 Ottawa(5-11) finished second,Toronto had a 2-14,Montreal had a 3-13 record, and Hamilton was the only team to finish above .500. While 4 western teams finished .500 or better. Saskatchewan finished 4th with a 9-7 record and BC HAD A 10-6, I remember that those teams would played each in the regular season finale with the winner makes the playoffs and the loser goes home. .You had 3 teams in the East that total 10 WINS and you think its fair that Sask MISSED THE Playoffs that year OR BC had they lost to Sask in that game???
So seriously Dupsdell would you be happy if a team like Toronto 4-13 or Hamilton 3-14 get into the playoffs and a team in the West that finished with 10 wins missed the playoffs??

East is East and West is West. Top 3 from each division should work it out to see who goes to the final big game. NO CROSS OVER!!!!! If that means all the teams in one division are below .500 then so be it. All 3 of those teams have the right to play and make a showing in the BIG SHOW. We all know that anything can and does happen in this league, so PLEASE TOSS the Cross Over and let each respective devision send its final team to the Cup. :thup:

Crossover is bogus. I'm hoping BC ends up playing Montreal. I'm not impressed that Edmonton ended up being a crossover team to the east? In the past it's been Wpg that would be in the east or west. But I mean c'mon. East is east and if you need someone to be in the semifinals, just pick the best of the worst in their own division. BC busted our butts for points and beat Edmonton in our own division, and then they swing to the east? I'l be very choked if they end up with the cup for the east when they couldn't even pull it together in the west!

I AGREE 100%

Sorry, as much as I don't like Edmonton, their winning record is more worthy of being in the playoffs than the two Southern Ontario teams.