Playoff Scenarios: Bombers, Argos eye home playoff dates

TORONTO — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Toronto Argonauts both have a chance at securing home playoff dates this week.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/09/26/playoff-scenarios-bombers-argos-eye-home-playoff-dates/

Toronto has already clinched 2nd place in the East and a home playoff date. They have 8 wins, Hamilton and Ottawa each can only get to 8 wins maximum, and Toronto has won the season series (and holds the tiebreaker) against both of them.

1 Like

I think its just a matter of semantics for the writer. The win will take away any need for a tiebreaker and its a clear home playoff.

Meanwhile here in the West...

Best case scenario for BC to have any chance of finishing first is to win FIVE games in a row which would include their two remaining games against Winnipeg. If BC drops just one game then Winnipeg can clinch first by winning two of their four remaining games.

1 Like

Bombers magic number is one for a home game, 3 for hosting the West Final.

1 Like

Never been a cross-over team appear in the Grey cup. I really think Sask with Farjardo will not be the first to break that apparent rule.
It is quite dissappointing that the Eastern Teams are still the Weaker ones over the Western ones. It is really strange and hard to understand why this happens every year.
Nothing is Guranteed in the CFL but the odds of an Eastern team winning the Cup is low. Making the Grey Cup less exciting. Having the real 2 best teams play for the Grey Cup would be more entertaining than the way it is now with the Eastern Team guaranteed a spot. I mean ,really, it is not like the attendance from the Eastern Division teams is an encouraging reason to pamper the East.