Playoff Scenario Thread

With BC losing tonight means we would at least get into the playoffs no matter what happens from here on in. :cowboy:

Now that the Lions and Eskies are both 8 and 9 (Same as the Cats) and play each other next week, does that mean that both Hamilton and Winnipeg are in barring a tie between the Lions and Eskies next week. Whichever team loses will be 8 and 10 and I thought I read somewhere that the crossover team has to have a better record to cross over?

Any clarifaction?

Yes.

Not so fast!

If Edmonton wins next week.... .whoever loses between the Bombers and Cats.... is out of the playoffs!!

We still need BC and EDM not to tie next week. Longshot but they still could do it. I don't care who wins that game, they just better not tie.

Winnipeg would still miss the playoffs if they don't win another game.

We can only miss if we lose next week and the BC/Edmonton game ends in a tie.

Fail.
We're not.
See above :slight_smile:

That's incorrect HTD ... if EDM wins, they'll have 18 pts for 3rd place in the West ... BC would have 16 pts which is not good enough to crossover and pass the ticats. The only way we don't get in is if BC and EDM tie the game and both get a point AND we lose to WPG.

That could create some West cheating threads ....lol :rockin:

Cohesion the bonding together of members of an organization/unit in such a way as to sustain their will and commitment to each other, their unit, and the mission

Is there really this many threads on this?

Im lost can some one lead me to the right thread on this topic ...

I stand corrected... so by that then.. if Edm wins.. and WPG loses, then THEY miss the playoffs... correct?....lol
My head hurts now

If Winnipeg wins tomorrow. Hamilton AND Winnipeg are in barring the EDM/BC tie.

so im confused as to if you secured a playoff spot or not but thanks anyways for pumping the riders like that :smiley: calgary 10 and 6 montreal 13 and 3 i dunno not so far away anymore lol. heres hoping for a calgary/hamilton grey cup game!

Hamilton clinches 3rd Barring BC/EDM tie next week.

Winnipeg win tomorrow = Winnipeg clinches 3rd barring EDM/BC tie next week

Hamilton vs. Winnipeg winner GUARANTEED 2nd place in East

IF Winnipeg wins tomorrow OR next week = No crossover (Barring EDM/BC Tie)

Winnipeg loses both games = Winnipeg out.

Make sense?

Here’s some scenarios.

1. Hamilton win = Home playoff game Winnipeg loss (if lost the previous week also) = out of playoffs no matter what
    Edmonton win = face the second place western team on the road BC loss = crossover, face Ticats in Hamilton east semi.
  2. Hamilton Loss = Will have oppurtunity to play Winnipeg on the road Winnipeg win = home playoff game
    Edmonton + BC tie depending on PF and PA will determine 3rd and 4th in the west still knocking the Ticats out of the playoffs.
    That’s basically the two major secnarios, from here you can figure out the rest.

We are not the Cat's of the past ... Some Good things have transpired this season already but Some Great things are not far away...Keep Fighting Cat's ..

Go Cat's Go

Thank you

Allow me shed some light on this subject.

Worst case scenario: Ticats lose next week and the Esks and Lions tie. - Ticats miss playoffs
Best case scenario: Ticats win next week. - take 2nd regardless

Other scenarios:

• Bombers win this week and Ticats tie Bombers next week - Ticats take 2nd place (via tie breaker)
  • Bombers lose this week and Ticats tie Bombers next week - Ticats take 2nd place
  • Bombers win this week, Ticats and Bombers tie next and Esks and Lions tie - Ticats take 2nd place
  • Bombers win this week, Ticats and Bombers tie next and Esks and Lions tie - Ticats take 2nd place
  • Bombers lose this week and Ticats lose to Bombers next week - Ticats take 3rd place (unless BC/EDM tie)
  • Bombers win this week and Ticats lose to Bombers next week - Ticats take 3rd place (unless BC/EDM tie)

I believe that is all possible cases. Essentially, it's EXTREMELY unlikely that the Ticats will miss playoffs this year, but is mathematically possible.

The SPEC article seems to be saying that Calgary's win tonight which happened ...is it were in

http://www.thespec.com/News/article/664270

After beating the Saskatchewan Roughriders 24-6 on Saturday afternoon, the Ticats will all but secure their first playoff berth since 2005 if the Stamps defeat the B.C. Lions later tonight. The game is set for 10 p.m. Eastern time.

? The more i read the less i no ....goodnight