Playoff Games On Saturday This Year

Many fans are unaware that the 2008 playoff games have been scheduled to be played on Saturday (November 8 & 15). Not that the 'Cats are going to be involved or anything but.....the East semi-final and final are set for 12:30 p.m. while the West playoffs are set for 4:00 p.m. starts. If the B.C. Lions are the cross-over team, the game would start at 9:30 a.m. Vancouver time!!! This is a decision by TSN, so as not to have conflict with their NFL Sunday night schedule. They've had plenty of Saturday playoff games in the past....Is this a good idea or a bad idea?

I think that it’s a good idea. You don’t have “competition” for NFL viewership.

I take great offense to your statement about BC in the cross over and their game would start at 9:30 local time. This excuse is BS! The last 2 years the cats have had 10 pm and 10:30 pm EST games in BC.

DO NOT START USING THIS AN EXCUSE! The cats have been up against it the last 2 years.

As long as the Grey Cup is still on a Sunday, it doesn’t really bother me.

I dont get why you are offended or what you perceive as the excuse? I took it that MP was just stating facts. If BC crosses over to play the eastern Semi Final, it will be played on Saturday at 1230 EST…which translates to 930am Pacific.

Unless I’m missing something…

Some bulbs are brighter than others mycko75. :wink:

Tradionally, the Grey Cup was played on a Saturday, from 1950 to 1968, and one more Saturday game in 1970. It then switched to Sundays from 1971 on as far as I can tell. At least they were Sunday day games but then they switched to late starts to please TV.

It was a good thing that it was started on a Saturday in 1962 (Fog Bowl), because the game was finished on Sunday. Also Grey Cup parties were much more interesting then, starting Friday night, all day Saturday into the wee hours. Slept it off all day Sunday and could still make it to work (maybe).

I always thought they would get more TV audience by going back to Saturday and avoiding the conflicting NFL schedule, which is usually heating up pretty good by the time the Grey Cup is played.

maybe this is why bc hasnt lost a home game to any of the eastern teams in 4 years. i think they should schedule the game at 11.30am if bc is involved, then maybe bc will start their home games earlier against montreal, toronto and hamilton. the nfl west coast teams dont have a problem starting their monday night games at 5:30 /6pm local time if their involved getting tired in having to stay up to 2am to watch the cats play in bc

The schedule isnt confirmed yet is it? I thought some of the playoff games were moved later the last few years? so hamilton and bc could be the second game after the western game or first game. either 4pm hamilton time followed by the western game or 7pm hamilton time after the western game. The next week it wont matter what time the cats and montreal play cus its two eastern teams.

you are rite beet.the first game times are still up in the air,but in the final when we travel to montreal it’ll be a early start. i’m pretty sure that dose simplify things.

What exactly is a playoff game?

Now, now Beetlejuice…you’re just being silly. Then again, that picture of yourself in all of your posts explains everything.