Playing possum?

That is what we are seeing. I'm turning 40 in December and with a few changes I've been able to continue to improve my level of fitness and strenght. There is no doubt in my mind that if an athlete wants to apply himself (definitely more work) and is smart about his life hygiene, you can perform at a high level now well in to your forties after that it becomes more complicated but who knows what 50 year old will be able to do a generation or two from now.

The problem comes in if you are injured because to recover from a serious injury can take much longer. The secret as far as I am concerned is managing recovery time, being disciplined about your stretching, diet and hydration and having the flexibility to move your workout around as your bio clock in the case of a guy is flipped upside down instead ob trying to slow your metabolism down your trying to speed it up. Its really funny how exact that is.

So yea if Calvillo is eating Quinoa and black beans instead of hamburgers and does an hour of cardio when he get's up and stretches or does Yoga or some other flexibility type program and ends that with practice and a nice weight training session in the evening you have a very , very dangerous quarterback on your hands. This is the same guy I suggested a few years back should hang cause he looked like he was living on donuts.

AC and his beautiful wife in their hardship have figured some special things out :wink:

Ben Cahoon is in a bit of a different situation where as a short yardage receiver his recovery is more painful and pronounced so he has to decide how much pain he wants to deal with throughout the week but because his success is largely based on concentration, courage and experience and talent (hands) he can keep playing I figure till 40 at the same level possibly longer.

I hope these guys keep playing as long as they enjoy it, cause no matter what they will miss the game when they hang it up.

I tell you what, though. When C&C have finally retired, I would love to have them back one day as position coaches (QB and receivers, respectively). Both have had to become students of the game over their respective careers in order to overcome physical limitations; IMO those types of players generally make better coaches because they're more aware of the importance of fundamentals.

[quote="HfxTC
So yea if Calvillo is eating Quinoa and black beans instead of hamburgers and does an hour of cardio when he get's up and stretches or does Yoga or some other flexibility type program and ends that with practice and a nice weight training session in the evening you have a very , very dangerous quarterback on your hands.
[/quote]
I wanted to mention this a while back.
AC was being interview on CJAD a few months ago and he attributed his success this year to a change......

Just for fun Ill let you guess as to what it was....Im sure you will never guess

I'm probaby totally of but wasn't it something to with not eating at some fast food resto in Winnipeg?

Well not exactly, he said he was cutting out on some specific food, and as a result no more club sandwich in the peg (i cannot remember the name, but the place has one of the best club sandwich on the planet)

he changed his mouth guard

Probably the WagonWheel

That was the answer....isnt anyone going to say "HUH!"?

I dont get it ? Go slow please LOL!

I wanted to mention this a while back.
AC was being interview on CJAD a few months ago and he attributed his success this year to a change......

Just for fun Ill let you guess as to what it was....Im sure you will never guess

that's the place Hf. It's been a huge hit with CFL players (especially the O-Line :smiley: ) for years. and they really are amazing sandwiches!

I was supposed to go in 06 i missed the chance, from the friedns who went i missed a religious experience.

Trestman n'est pas seul à faire ça.

quite right!!

How did this get revived LMAO :lol:

confusing!!! NO?

En quoi ça peut être intéressant? Pathétique!