Players of the Month - August

Players of the month should be named within the next few days.

I think Zach Collaros is a lock for one of the three selections, and probably the top one. In five games in August, he completed 98 of 139 passes (70.5%), for 1,417 yards, 14 TDs and 3 INTs. He helped lead his team to a 4-1 record, averaging 39 points scored per game. And he was a player of the week twice during the month.

The other Cat that I think has a great chance is Eric Norwood. His August stats include 5 sacks, 18 tackles and 2 fumble returns for TDs. He helped power his team to one of the most dominant strings of defensive performances in recent memory. One way to think about Norwood's impact is to consider how much better the team played since he joined the line-up in the Toronto game, and how much the performance seemed to tail off after he left the Montreal game. It's also interesting to note that Norwood is climbing the Sacks leader board (2 shy of the leader) even though he missed the first four games. (I hope his injury is not serious.)

Not sure about the other contenders. This Derel Walker kid from Edmonton turned in three spectacular performances (total of 31 catches for 471 yards and 1 TD) to climb to #11 in receiving yards for the year in just three games. No one else stands out in my mind. Maybe Eric Rogers or Bo Levi Mitchell from Calgary?

ExPat - You called it right on three counts! :thup: :thup: :thup: Well done! Zach #1 Walker #2 and Norwood #3

Congrats to our Ticats on being named Players of the Month for August!

I had a rare moment of clarity.

I only hope that we have more months like August ahead of us. If I had to pick just one, I'll take November.

November would be good but we'll need a few more good weeks to get there too! :smiley: