player salaries

The minimum salary is $54,000 and will go to $65,000 in 2020.

In the previous CBA,the minimum went to $50,000 in 2014 and increased by $1,000. in each of the next 4 years.

Richard

Nope, $725,000 per anum ($2.9 million over four years).

The league should be promoting the heck out of this figure. Non-CFL fans who consider it beer league assume that everyone makes about $30,000.

I think 500K should be the max, because it would allow the minimum to be raised. Minimum should be 75-80K IMO.

Exactly this. The league needs to get this out to fight the negative perception regarding salaries you point out.

In fairness to those guys they put a lot more work than just the games. They have practices and meetings constantly as well, they’re putting in hours.

gee, they sound just like teachers, lol.

The ST guys - other than the kicker and snapper - are backups at positions on O and D, and so they also take reps at those positions all season. Then there is all the film review, and meetings. Along with having to eat right and workout all year.

I’m not saying you’re way off, but rather that your view is quite simple with something that’s complex, and a lot more work that you’re giving it credit.

So basically from a minimum of $54,000 to Mike Reilly’s $725,000 with starting QBs pulling down from $300,000 to $500,000 and other starters getting from $100,000 to $250,000. Not bad for a seasonal job, particularly since I understand that the teams actively assist the players in establishing non-football careers within the community.

:slight_smile: