PLAY HITCH AND MORREALE

These guys have been awsome team guys and great leaders. Why are they not playing? Hitc puts passion into every game and fear into the opponents. Mike plays hurt and catches everything.
GET THEM IN THE GAME!

Too old and ineffective.

I think not, have you seen them when they get a chance on O and D. They are doing a great job on special teams.

They have a passion for Hamilton, and that goes a long way in a sport like football.

I love Mike Morreale and all, but I'd rather keep him on the bench for most of the game. Special teams, and occasionaly on O.

I can't beleive that anyone would even question their heart or ability! :roll:

Hitch with one arm would be a better player than most at his position!

And Mike has always been the "Go-To Gaurantee" guy when coming over the middle!

They may have lost a step in the last couple of years...but I'd make sure they were on my team...As long as THEY FELT they could contribute!

Both have enough smarts to know when it's time to step back! We need their "LEADERSHIP" Now more than ever! :rockin:

Just a couple of comments,

Hitch knows how to tackle and Mike knows were the first down marker is.

They can't lead from the sidelines, they should start some games were they match up well but at least get into the action more often than they have been.

Neither Hitch nor Morreale are starters. They are too old and slow to play effectively for an entire game. If they weren't players who had made significant contributions to the team in the past and if Marshall wasn't so soft and friendly with his "buddies" when picking the team in training camp, neither would have made the roster in 2006. Think I'm wrong? Ask yourself if either one would start on any other team in the CFL right now, or even get special teams work. Hitch and Morreale play special teams almost exclusively for the Cats this year and they are both invisible in that regard.

Are you kdding me they have STOOD OUT on special teams. Every single play when rob is on he is always in on the tackle. Mike has the biggest balls ever! to catch passes over the middle like that. Thats shows passion for the tea, the fans, and the city.

bravo bravo i agree jeremy

RE: Mike Morreale:
Given that you are not going to sit Vaughan down for a single play, accept that he is double covered. Mike knows where the yard markers are and will go beyond them to make a play. The present inside receivers are unable to understand where the yard markers are, and gleefully throw the blame to Maas for "overthrowing them", or simply drop the ball, or decline to take the hits that MM accepts as part of the paycheque.

I'd like to see Mike play more, as he has the intangible of "leadership". Great, get some younger guys involved, and spell him off while fresh legs and lungs are introduced, but for crying out loud, PLAY HIM!

IF Vaughan ever goes down, we will need MM so bad!...)

RE: Rob Hitchcock

Another Team Leader who needs to be on the field for as many plays as we can get him in on. Ideally employed on Special Teams, and its plain that he still hits with the same feorocity as he always has, and may be coaching Wayne Shaw and Tay Cody on his own model.

Probably "weak" as a LB as its not his natural position, would prefer to see him a bit lighter in weight and employed in the backfield. Trouble is, we have a backfield that is maturing, and in another year it will be a tough lineup to crack. (Yes we are weaker at the LB positions, Brooks is excellent, but we are a bit weak against the run on the sides..)

My thoughts only...

The guy making the calls is Ron Lancaster, and we can hardly be in better hands than his.

Its being a tough year, but things are going to be getting a lot better...

RE: Mike Morreale:
Given that you are not going to sit Vaughan down for a single play, accept that he is double covered. Mike knows where the yard markers are and will go beyond them to make a play. The present inside receivers are unable to understand where the yard markers are, and gleefully throw the blame to Maas for "overthrowing them", or simply drop the ball, or decline to take the hits that MM accepts as part of the paycheque.

I'd like to see Mike play more, as he has the intangible of "leadership". Great, get some younger guys involved, and spell him off while fresh legs and lungs are introduced, but for crying out loud, PLAY HIM!

IF Vaughan ever goes down, we will need MM so bad!...)

RE: Rob Hitchcock

Another Team Leader who needs to be on the field for as many plays as we can get him in on. Ideally employed on Special Teams, and its plain that he still hits with the same feorocity as he always has, and may be coaching Wayne Shaw and Tay Cody on his own model.

Probably "weak" as a LB as its not his natural position, would prefer to see him a bit lighter in weight and employed in the backfield. Trouble is, we have a backfield that is maturing, and in another year it will be a tough lineup to crack. (Yes we are weaker at the LB positions, Brooks is excellent, but we are a bit weak against the run on the sides..)

My thoughts only...

The guy making the calls is Ron Lancaster, and we can hardly be in better hands than his.

Its being a tough year, but things are going to be getting a lot better...

I hope the little general sees the light and lets these two guys play on o and d. They are great ain the lockerroom and need a chance to lead on the field.

I've always like both of these guys over the years but at this point, if people are thinking these guys have to play or else we're in trouble, then we ARE in trouble. They've been great and can still play for sure, but suggesting they have to start for this team to win means we're not a very good team IMHO.

If the 'Cats record were 7-2, then it would be much easier to understand why these two are 'sitting'.

However - with a record of 2-7, it is somewhat difficult to appreciate why they are both 'sideline/subs'.

I must be missing something.

Both of these guys should not have made the team this year, and are wasting a roster position on the team.

Everyone goes on about how they are great leaders. Look where their leadership has gotten us. The reality is you can only lead when you are good enough to provide results on the field. Otherwise, you are just an overpaid cheerleader.

Both of these guys should have retired gracefully before the start of the season. With the high expectations this year, I can understand why they did not. The coaches should have moved on, because that would be what's best for the team.

I disagree. Rob katz is the GM and has/ had most of the say on who made/is on :wink: the team. I also think these guys can play if given a chance.

Actually it would be interesting to know exactly how much say Rob Katz has who is on the team. Very interesting.

If exaclty how much means the hiring and firing of coaches, bringing in players and letting go of others than I would say ALL THE SAY.

I think MM has run out of steam…