Play calling sucks today...so far

Maybe we make Serna punt and Westwoo throw and Bishop can kick the field goals :?

What a Difference A.C makes man! Wowzers! he is like his own D haha

Please cut the crap with the B squad talk. Every team has injuries but Montreal seems to be the only one using them as an excuse. The Bombers have a lot of starters missing today but you don’t see us crying about it. We’re missing 4 starters from defense (other than Doug Brown, our d-line are all rookies) and 2 starters from offense but you won’t see our team use that as an excuse unlike the Als.

...i don't know bout you guys but I AM NOT impressed with Bramlet.....painful to watch....get Santos some reps....the search is still on for a cerdible back-up.. :roll:

No he didn’t, but the entire offensive scheme was out of whack today. Was the MTL D that good, or was our play calling and execution that bad! A combo of all I would believe. Like earlier this year - the problem with the “O” was from the top down, not just one problem. I’m not going to rag on any of the QB’s or any ONE player - it just sucked all around…

The “D” gets to play for 40 minutes once again, and this time it cost big in injuries! Tough day at the office.

Hey Bombers have won 4 of 6, they split the series with the Als, cut them some slack I say! Bombers could have won this game, I thought the 2 runs for nothing early after the Montreal fumble set the tone early. Was a mistake to try and get the running game going IMHO, that is not how Bombers won 4 of the last 6. Bombers had this stupid label as a running team early in the season, only because they could not pass.

This is a passing team now and they should have come out passing!

Several turning points in the game, the missed field goal for a td was one (I do not blame the kicker, we should have gotten closer for him, or even gambled on 3rd down) but even before that, we had a 3rd and 1 from the 50 and we punted. It was not until after the returned missed fg for a td, that the blowout began. At that point our guys where simply demoralized.

Was a team loss, I would say that the play calling put us in 2nd and long because they wanted to get the running game going. Tressman says he believes you pass to open up the running game,I am with him on that one. HEY, Bombers split the series with the Als, who really thought it would be a sweep???

The play calling and special teams was awful today. Draw plays on second and long has to stop. Maybe once a game to fool the d , but not all the time. You get a huge break, recovering the opening kick off and you could have really unnerved the als with a TD. But you run twice in to the pile ? Thats unacceptable !

Of course we’re going to cut them some slack :smiley: Most everyone on this post are Bomber Fans so we’ll continue to cheer them on. But can’t we be allowed to vent on such a loss? I know I didn’t expect a sweep, but like you I expected a better game plan and in return - a better game! I hope that game plan is improved for the Hamilton game!

Dont mind me, I am just saying :smiley: You have to admit that the Bombers have taken a beating by the press and the pundits, arm chair QB`s etc. 4 of 6 aint bad with one being the Als

The 2 plays after recovering the opening fumble set the tone for the game. Two running plays for nothing settle for a field goal. I've always though whenever u get a turnover deep in the other teams territory you need to take at least 1 shot at the endzone to make them pay. If it doesn't work u can still get the 3 pts, but you should try for the 7. What u got was play it safe and take the points which is no way to play the top rated team that is very good at putting points on the board. Instead, Mtl gets the stop and a boost and Wpg looks inept the rest of the game. Playcalling has been an issue all season. You would think that jet package or whatever you want to call it where the receivers start running in all directions from deep behind the line of scrimmage would have been scrapped by now. I can only recall 1 game where that play went for significant yardage, most times I would guess it results in between a 5 yard loss and a 1-2 yard gain and I don't think that play has gone to any other player besides Brock Ralph. And yet they'll call it several times a game. At least they are not running the ball on every 2nd and long like they were earlier in the season.

I’m with you there, papa. So far (and yes, it’s way too early to tell with any degree of certainy), Bramlet seems to me to be a weaker-armed version of Cody Pickett.

And, for those who haven’t seen the Argos try to play football this season, that is not a good thing.

The guy should not even see the field during a game till at least mid-season next year. Was probably just to give him a feel for it and give Blind Bishop with a bad hammy a break.

He’s pretty calm in the pocket, moves well side to side and keeps his eyes down field. He has some positives but I don’t know if he is suited to the CFL game with that style.

....has Bramlet even completed a pass thus far....can't remember.....It's not the easiest task being thrown into clashes with the Als......HOWEVER....geez you better show something that resembles a movement up-field, from a guy who wants to succeed in this league....I haven't seen it... :roll: :roll: