Pittsburg QB dies

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins died early Saturday morning after he was struck by a dump truck while he was walking on a South Florida

Florida police issue details on Dwayne Haskins' death (msn.com)

Highway speed? I'll have to actually read the article

I was assuming Highway speeds because it was an interstate expressway? Not sure just speculation... Just as there was no other info given and no known reason he was walking in the area...article said he was walking on an expressway... Safe to assume the truck was traveling at highway speeds but that is still admitadly at best just speculation.

Well most Interstates here in FL are 65 mph
I know 1 that is 55 mph ..
I think there it's 65 so probably travelling about 75-80 which is pretty common around here and Orlando and most of north and central Florida at least on the 3 that I drive almost daily

Yea, I thought so too, but it could have been an off ramp too do who knows . I wonder how long it will take for more info to come out. There is much that was not said

If I see anything on the local news at 10 I'll update here but not sure I will ..I get Jacksonville news and neither one does much news from south Florida but seeing as it's an NFL QB I am sure the info will start to flow soon ..

1 Like

Here is a little tidbit from an ex team mate and also a fellow Canadian . Apparently Claypool was with him shortly before he died .