Pinball lost his ring last night

Sounds like Pinball was a victim of his own naivety. I'd never throw my ring into a crowd of people. If people wanted to see it, I'd walk over and show them. I hope he gets it back, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got sold.

I live in Vancouver and being the most congested city as well in the most expensive city in North America has what benefit? You can’t go skiing anymore because there is nowhere to park… You can’t get a round of golf in in under 5 hours… What’s so great about the place? You have to pay for parking until ten pm seven days a week…
The only reason I spend any time there at all is because I lost tens of thousands of dollars on real estate and can’t sell either property that I own… My car has been broken into more times then I can count in my own underground parking and for that privilege I have to pay an extra 100 dollars a month… My car insurance is almost 200 bucks even though I have 17 years of safe driving… I could go on and on…
The place is a third world city with extremely rich criminals and then poor working class people… The weather isn’t even anything to write home about… It rains 200 days a year

are you first gen Vancouverite? were you born and raised here? if not, when did you come here and why?

When I look at the angry off-topic place where this thread is now heading, I'm actually sorry I made the original post. :expressionless:

are you first gen Vancouverite? were you born and raised here? if not, when did you come here and why?
[/quote]
I moved there from Victoria in 2006 to work on The Canada Line… I worked on the project for three years and earned about 100 thousand dollars a year. After the project finished, I went to work on the Port Mann Bridge Project… Peter Kiewet and Sons stole the project from a Canadian company by bribing the Liberals and proceeded to hire only Americans in Management and slowly replace its entire work force with TFWs… I was struggling to make 60k after they cut all of our OT and was lucky to escape the work environment. I have not worked a day in Vancouver since 2010, and do fly in jobs now… From all accounts, the working environment there has gotten even worse and now Joineymen Carpenters make what a first year Carpenter makes in Alberta or what a second year makes in Sakatchewan.

Anyways... I can't see what this chick could do with the ring... Pawn shops in Vancouver had huge restrictions placed on them a few years ago.

I agree with FYB. Not sure what you mean, Earl.

These people are obviously CFL fans. They can’t be bad off to afford good seats to a Lions game. All of which is irrelevant.

She took something that did not belong to her. Period. No one around her did the right thing and stopped it. I would have chased her out. What gives?

Pinball is class act all the way. Loves to connect with the fans and thinks nothing of tossing his ring into a crowd to thrill them.

As the saying goes "nice guys finish last"..........dead last in this case. I just hope this doesn't change Pinball's approach to the fans and that this thief has a change of heart.

Please don't stop being the way you are Mr. Clemons. The great majority of us CFL fans really appreciate you.

Hope you get your ring back.

Apparently there are photos of the woman floating around on Facebook. Hopefully they’ve been forwarded to VPD.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Maybe she was drunk? Or thought it would be funny? Both? Nothing else makes sense.

Anyway, someone may find it in a mailbox or dropped off at the Police Station. It will turn up.

I'll bet the ring gets returned anonymously, once the thief realizes it can't be sold online. I guess she could pluck out the diamonds and melt down the gold and have it made into another pendant or broach (but most reputable jewelers would likely report her to police). She'll be reminded every time she wears it about how she stole it from of one of Canada's greatest guys, but I'm thinking it probably won't bother her too much.

She probably got a free ticket thanks to Dennis Skulsky… There is like tens of thousands of free tickets floating around thaks to his stupidity… Someone probably seen enough after last week’s bore fest and gave the ticket to some crackhead .

Agree. There is no win in this. Even if none of this happens, someone will know what she did and turn her in.

I quoted someone on another forum who said there are pics of her on Facebook. Someone will find her.

If they don’t, the BC Lions should be forced to replace the ring.

lol What an idiot. Pinball should have his ring back soon.

Well if the Bc Lions pay for a new ring, that means David Braley is footing the bill… If the Lions refuse, then the Argos will be stuck footing the bill…Oh wait a minute :roll:

Hopefully they get it back - but seriously Pinball - what were you thinking?

I agree.

I have to admit if I had ever earned a GC ring, the only way you’d get it off my finger is to take the finger with it.

But, as much as I’ve never met Pinball, he seems like a good guy and I hope he gets it back…and I’m confident this story will have a happy ending…

You would have to go to Winnipeg for that to happen…lol

He was thinking, “I am a kind and decent person and everyone else in the world is kind, too”. Unfortunately, he was/is wrong.

Unless the ticket was acquired trough a scalper or sold third hand. They should be able to track her down fairly easily.