Pillar in Place: Bombers extend OL Stanley Bryant

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have agreed to terms on a new one-year contract with all-star offensive tackle Stanley Bryant.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/01/21/pillar-place-bombers-extend-ol-stanley-bryant/

And we continue to grow. Welcome back Mr.Bryant

4 Likes

[quote="WeGotTheCup, post:2, topic:76213"]

And we continue to grow. Welcome back Mr.Bryant

[/q gm work

\ Amazing GM work

3 Likes

He was my biggest worry, so glad Bryant is back! Still think we could use more help on the OL, but most of the team is under contract!
Another big fish off the market - suck it haters!

2 Likes

Our GM lured him back using charm and wit. Prior to that he tried a different aftershave. I'm just glad he found a way to bring our walking skyscraper back (Collaros is glad too). :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Even though Bryant is 6'6" and 315/318 he doesn't depend on size & straight power to obliterate opponents.
He's actually a very learned technique guy more than anything else. When he has to look for power he's got it but L'Gared Davis took him for a couple carnival rides in the Grey Cup and Collaros went into panic mode. But L'Gared Davis is easily the best d-linemen in the league (apologies to Jeffcoat & Jefferson, they're great but a tad behind Davis, certainly in the power dept.)
Bryant is a key piece to a very good Bomber d-line. I saw some sag in that o-line near the end of the year with Collaros running for his life too many times - and the Bomber's vaunted running attack getting stuffed too often by both Sask'n & Hamilton. That said, go get 'em go-getters, go get 'em . . . they'll need a replacement for Dejarlais, thats why they re-upped Geoff Gray.
Bombers will use the #9 pick (last pick in 1st rd) to bring aboard the best olineman available. If the top 2 are already booked by others they'll take a special-teamer OLB who can long-snap while developing. Don't know if there'll be a hi-octane Cdn. WR available at the #9 spot but will depend on how other teams draft in the #1 to #8 spots. . . . if the best OLs are gobbled up then its special team country w/ long snap capabilities. . . if the special teamer is gobbled up then its the best available player regardless of position - Cdn. WR is a definite need as you can never have enough depth - - - - especially when you've got a Z Collaros tossing the ball . . . don't want to waste his accuracy and ability to hit receivers on their hands!

1 Like

Pretty sure I just heard the rest of the league do a collective WELP when this dropped.

#3Peat

3 Likes

Those CFL trophy's are as ugly as s**t. They're actually quite embarrassing. C'mon, CFL...spend some money and upgrade them. Them name them after some of our past league 'royalty.'

2 Likes

I'd go the Oprah route. "You get a trophy! You get a trophy!! And you get a trophy!!!"
GreyCupTrophyDownsized

Make that TWO WELPS. In non-Bomber news, whenever the lovefest is over, this bomb just dropped. Jones has been in touch with Duron Carter to see if he's interested in returning to the CFL as a DB. The circus is officially back in town.

1 Like

You mean there's a bridge Duron hasn't burned yet? I didn't know that.

2 Likes

Well, I had to laugh. I mean, Jones does make things interesting, doesn't he? Is this going to be conducive to players signing on if Duron is on board? Will they have to install a floor to ceiling mirror in Duron's stall? I dunno, he's coaching the North Palm Beach Prep in Florida so maybe he's matured. Stay tuned.

2 Likes

Duron was entertaining to watch, oftentimes for the wrong reasons. His mouth over-ruled his brain, he's got to overcome that for an effective return.

1 Like

I was REALLY hoping half these guys would become green... Something tells me the team as unit wants to go for a three peat

1 Like

Don't fret, Riders are building a force, I'm in envy of what they're doing.

Personally 2022 GC will be Winnerpeg or Saskatchewan.

I'm good with that.

1 Like

I have always wanted the format for playoffs to be geared more to the two best teams ending up in the grey Cup final... Not the east and the west format. The latter makes it easier for the weaker division to remain complacent...

Most of these guys will only turn green if food poisoning is involved. We have some happy ballers here. :yum:

1 Like