Pikula is garbage

Why did we give up a draft pick for this kicker, He sucked lastnight.

...Pikula looked pretty good on the field goal that put the game away for the Bombers....granted he didn't perform well on a few other kicks....but give the guy a break....everyone has an off day.. :wink:

I think Pikula is your kicker of the future. Do you really want Westwood back?

I'm OK with an off day where we still pull out the win. But if he continues to kick poorly against the Riders, you can bet Taman will be looking yet again for some help.

Come cold weather time, we are going to need a good punter, and a reliable placekicker, whether we have them right now remains to be seen.

I would love to have Westwood back. Pikula is a scrub.

When he kicked those 3 field goals against the Lions, everyone was in love with the guy. Then he has an off day, but still kivcks the game winning field goal...and people dislike him.

Give the guy a break! I think hes doing a good enough job right now. He will only improve with time.

Could be a case of nerves. Seems he has been booting them great during practice according to Berry so he had the ability. Hey! he did win a game for us so maybe we can cut him some slack.

Could be a case of nerves. Seems he has been booting them great during practice according to Berry so he had the ability. Hey! he did win a game for us so maybe we can cut him some slack.

im of the opinion that we should definately hang on to this kid. but he shouldnt be our main kicker yet. as soon as westys healthy i honestly think we should just send pikula to the gym because he has a very weak leg. some leg strengthening, and a few years in the league and i think he'll be the most valuable kicker in the land

He screwed up one punt that went out of bounds outside the 20, but they moved him back 10 yards and he boomed the next one to make up for it.

Taylor Field is not an easy place to kick at all, so I wouldn’t fault him for missing a long field goal with gusty wind going all over.

I think you guys should cut him some slack, he's young and still trying to develop his game. Last year when Mccallum went down he filled in great for B.C. Just give him a little time. What's the alternative, Westwood? I would take Pikula any day over Westwood.

I think you need to give this guy a chance to mature.

Look at Paul Osbaldiston's career his leg strength and field goal accuracy were called into question early in his career.
1986 Passaglia injured - Paul got the palce kicking job but not the punting job [that went to Mervyn Fernandez at least until Mervyn injured himself making a TD saving tackle on a punt return].
1986 Kennerd Injured - Paul was the place kicker for 5 games. He lost the KO job to Randy Fabi in game 4 and lost the Field Goal job to Joe Poplawski after game 5.
1986 Ruoff injured - Osbalditon gets the place kicking job but shares the punting chores with Steve Stapler.
1987 Ruoff injured again. The Ti-Cats call in Roy Kurtz and Derek Noble before giving Ozzie another chance.
1988 Ozzie became the fulltime kicker and went on to have himself a pretty good career.

You never know, Pikula could develop into another Paul Osbaldiston or better.

....long as he doesn't turn into another Ruoff and start smokin' some funny stuff.......just kidding....Ruoff went on to have a pretty good career.....but not with the Bombers... :wink: