Pigskin ________?

What ever happend with the selection/contest to name the next Pigskin Pete??????? (not that he can ever really be replaced) :cowboy:

No idea. At the Inaugural Bash they said there would be an announcement soon.. but since then, there has been nothing...

Rest assured the character's name of "Pigskin Pete" will remain until the dawn of "Pigskin Petunia." :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

Ticats are Doing something Else
No Pete this year.. They will Announce Somthing Soon

1. Wow.

2. Soon as in "before the opening game?"

3. Why am I pissed reading this in this way? Has there been ANY official announcement to confirm the "stay tuned"?

Oski Wee Wee,

From What I have Been Told The Ticats Feel they Can't Replace Paul..

He is a hard Act to Follow ..
He also a Class one

There is to be an announcement tomorrow, heard this during todays Y108 morning show, Ticat Pres. to be back on Y108 morning show to let you all know what this years version of the pigster will be, and then you'll probably be able to read all about it on the ticats.ca site later in the day.

Oskee Wee Wee,
Oskee Waa Waa,
Holy Mackinaw,
Tigers,
Eat em Raw!

RJ

From What I have Been Told The Ticats Feel they Can't Replace Paul..

He is hard Act to Follow …
He also a Class one

That is exactly the problem. How do you replace a legend without disappointing everyone who loved Paul Weiler’s version of Pigskin?

We will be announcing some exciting stuff around the future of Pigskin, but we are under no illusions:

None of you are going to like our plans for Pigskin, simply because they do not include Paul. :wink: :wink:

Cheers, Bob.

"That is exactly the problem. How do you replace a legend without disappointing everyone who loved Paul Weiler's version of Pigskin?

We will be announcing some exciting stuff around the future of Pigskin, but we are under no illusions:

None of you are going to like our plans for Pigskin, simply because they do not include Paul."

Well, Paul replaced the original Pigskin Pete's son, who replaced his father. Nobody was happy about the changes at the time, but eventually, everyone got used to the new guy.

Men are not like logos, where there really is no need to change them except for marketing.

I really don't see why we haven't found a replacement yet. Certainly there is some dedicated fan who could do a fine job.

I have a scoop from a very inside source. I am not McMahon/Steeltiger/SSteeltigerr/Carnac/CFLKreskin, so I will let the team announce the next step before I weigh in.

Bet on it. LOL

Oski Wee Wee,

Oski-oui-oui You are a tease :roll:

as I sit here at home while watching TV a thought came to me
why not make a cartoon(I can picture a Mr. Magoo type character) or a digital version of Paul's pigskin and just play it on the Tiger-vision at the appropriate time's in the game?

well what do ya think
]personally i think its a great idea but then again if i didn't i wouldn't have posted it now would i,and if it gets used i want recognition

Actually, I think that sounds like a pretty good idea.

Ironically, it was Rusjod who I think was the best candidate....I loved his effort so I'm secretly hoping he is in whatever plans are about to be announced.....and I am as in the dark as anyone else concerning this.

Go Rusjod!

Pigskin Charlie!

Don't you think that Charlie Taffe has the look of a great Pigskin, I'd stand up if he took off his bowler and started the crowd in a chant of Oske wee wee !

If he is too busy for that, then please I plead to Bob Young at least ask him to wear the bowler for one game.

So will it be announced When?

at the Game Tomorow or Sunday at the Block Party?
Maybe Later in the Season?

Uh-oh - something tells me that, whatever it is, Cheergirl isn't gonna like it. :wink:

You owe me a coffee and a new keyboard for that one… lol

http://www.thespec.com/Sports/article/210740

mistake in my mind...but what do I know? If I wrote the pay cheques my opinion might be the one that counts...

I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT !!!
First let me say, yes no one can replace Paul !!! He is a class act !!!

HOWEVER, I am sure people weren’t sure he was the right choice to replace the originals. And it probably took Paul a few years to get into the groove.

To not have Pigskin Pete start the game with our traditional Oskee Weewee well I can’t breath !!!
Just chalk this up to another change along with all the other changes we fans had no choice in.

All Right Already I GIVE UP !!! MY HEART IS SUNK. YOU DID IT YOU BROKE ME !!! A huge piece of my heart is tired. I CAN’T FIGHT IT ANYMORE. THE WANNA BE’S HAVE WON.
I will be happy curled up in my chair WITH MY VINTAGE LOGO BLANKET REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE’ DAYS AND WATCH THE GAME ON TV.
CONGRATULATIONS.