pigskin petes retirement

i would like to thank pigskin pete for his 30 years of loyalty to the tiger cats. at least the team didnt fumble this send off with a trip and season tickets for the rest of his life. thanks paul and hope you and your wife enjoy another 30 years of watching the cats!!!

Nice thread, 1tccat. Thanks to Pigskin Pete for 31 years of enthusiastic and loyal support for the Ticats. All the best!

What they said :thup:

Ditto here. I don't know about anyone else, but I got a little teary eyed during that send off. He's a great man and I hope he enjoys the view from the stands. I also hope that the person who replaces him has the drive and the class that he has.

I hope it's not Jason FARR.

:cowboy:

Oh, dear God, NO!!!

TSN did interview Paul Weiler and mention that this would be his last game. Unfortunately, I don’t think TSN televised anything that was done for him. But one thing I did notice was that the chants he led sounded louder than they have in a long time.

Thank you Paul for all your contributions.

thanks for the memories paul

Thanks Paul !!! My eyes totally welled up at the first Oskee Wee Wee, I could hardly get the words out. For me, it is truly an end to a era. The team is different, the game is different the atmosphere is defintly not the same. And most of you out there know what I mean.
For most of my entire life, Pigskin Pete has been Paul Weiler. I don’t remember PPII much, but all my memories are of Paul. Going to the games with my Dad and Uncles was the best. From leading my first Oskee WEe WEe on the field as a cheerleader with him, to going to Grey Cup, to hiim holding my kids when they were tiny little football fans. Pictures of them leading their Oskee Wee Wee’s with a legend, to developing a warm lasting friendship with a family I can only hope mine will be like.
Enjoy the time sitting and enjoying the game from the stands, with your wife, and most of all those precious Gran Kids, because those are the memories they will treasure as time goes bye.
Big Hugs from your Number one Cakelady. Muah !!!

I will miss him, thanks Pigskin for making game days special as they were with you there, you are no.1.

I think Hamilton Tiger Cats organization can make a statue of Pigskin Pete as a fixture at Ivor Wynne for years to come?

thats a good idea secret. To me it will be VERY hard if not impossible to replace him... Does anyone think pigskin can just retire cold turkey?? I dont . maybe he will find some one to work with in the off season, kind of like an apprenticship. .

Does anyone truly believe this crew running the squad will bring back any pigskin pete?It doesn't fit in with the modern(annoying) marketing scheme.

Does anyone truly believe this crew running the squad will bring back any pigskin pete?It doesn't fit in with the modern(annoying) marketing scheme.

they would be stupid not to replace him.... Alot of peple enjoyed what he brought to the game.

Has a mascot ever been inducted into the CFL hall fame because i think Paul deserve a place in there after all the years, I said Paul Not PIgskin Petet

right on Rev.I hope people remember him many years from now

Paul, thanks for the memories.

But one thing I did notice was that the chants he led sounded louder than they have in a long time.
I'll say ... and EVERYONE was standing ... so nice to see. Pigskin did look rather emotional too didn't he? I'm glad the trip anywhere and season tix for life ... Well done Ticats Org. Pigskin deserves nothing less!!!

Now does he have to wait 3 years to be inducted into the HOF?? LOL I personally think that Paul should be choosing his replacement not done by video, IMO, because anyone can make a video and submit it, I just hope they have the same heart and dedication Paul did! I just hope we dont go thru a lot of Pigskin Pete's!!

cheers and Thanks Paul