Pigskin Pete

I think my comments were misunderstood. The team has made it clear that they don’t have a comment on the matter. Dan has made his statement.
What else is there to debate/discuss? (honest question, no sarcasm)

Lots of wise counsel here.

Let’s have a great game, win in Ottawa.

Private matters are private and for me, this is a court/police/civil matter which is being dealt with in that forum. Once settled, the Ti-Cats and Mr. Black can make decisions about future employment with the team. Regardless of the outcomes, I can’t see where the Cats would be comfortable in re-hiring Mr. Black into such a visible position as in the role of Pigskin Pete.

Having said that, I think it important that we separate the man, Mr Black, from the character, Pigskin Pete. I don’t see where any harm has been done to the character or the team by the accusations. The issue is with Mr Black’s personal and private behaviour, not with his public behaviour, and is being dealt with accordingly.

I don’t think anyone feels that way Crash.

For what its worth , CHCH (Adam Attkinson) minutes ago, just clarified that Dan Black has not been charged with domestic abuse , but instead with a single assault charge which is expected to be withdrawn next week.

This is all still pretty murky, arrests can be made without charges, charges laid without prosecution or conviction, etc etc. Domestic violence is a serious issue, but a lot of it is murky in and of itself.

The fact of the matter is, this is no longer really our concern. It might be different if Dan was still actively Pigskin Pete and this news came out, but he’s now a private citizen, hopefully this is a misunderstanding and the Black family, and us as a fan base can put this all in the past, until then this is all just specifically announced to be unwanted speculation on a fan’s personal life.

Mods… you know what to do. No apologies to posters needed in this case.

The consensus, including a thoughtful email from a longtime member, appears to be we shut this one down.

Let’s go cats!