Picks of new stadium for Giants and Jets

Michigan Stadium holds 107,501.

Totally different. It's college football...there is enough atmosphere already with the students, huge number in attendance and the bands playing. Besides, a lot of college campuses don't offer much of a view outside the stadium.
That is another thing I was going to bring up about this stadium...too f'ing big. 70k is perf, in my opinion. Having 85,000 seats in a NFL stadium? Unnecessary, less seats means more demand which means higher ticket prices which means more money overall.
I just hate stadiums like this...I see their benefits...as a fan I don't like it though, I don't care how much money the stadium makes the ultra-wealthy owner...I care about the atmosphere of the stadium when I'm paying good money to watch a game in it. I don't feel this stadium would provide much of that.

J-93, you're forgetting this is the USA where people eat, breath and sleep football and New York City. Believe me, there will be plenty o' plenty of atmosphere, they could make the building 200,000 and more sterile than a scalpel for brain surgery and the atmosphere would be super. Come on, you should know this.

Earl....it depends, a stadium being packed doesn't always breed atmosphere. Ask Lions fans. Lotsa of people would pack the Pontiac Silverdome...that didn't breed atmosphere though. That's why they put so much effort into making Ford Field look 'unique'.
Ford Field
Ford Field - 2
As compared to...
Pontiac Silverdome

There is a reason stadiums are being built like this. And that is looking at a domed stadium, there isn't a whole lot you can do with a dome (can still make it better than Skydome though), outdoor stadiums have the advantage of not requiring 4 walls, this Jets/Giants stadium has 4 huge walls anyway.
I just think it looks boring...loads of seats...that's it. Yay.

....truth be told I'm not impressed by this new meadowlands stadium either, like J93 says, it's a box with seats, woowee....the stadium the Jets originally pitched on the east side of Manhattan Island was way cooler....

...if you are going to spend a billion (exagerated) dollars on a building then make it a statement, use the architectural event to illicit user enjoyment beyond just the game itself...Cheif, I know you are there to watch the game, but casting a casual eye to the downtown core, or the nearest geographical landmark or even the sunset is still cool...it makes you proud of where you are.....

....unless you are in Pittsburgh, then you just look around and say 'holy crap, I'm in Pittsburgh'...

The stadium is going to be built in the Meadowlands, not far from the existing stadium. There isn’t much of a skyline to look at.

Even if I get to look at the swamps...it reminds me that I'm outside watching and outdoor game.
I mean seriously....look at that building...why wouldn't you throw a roof on it? The only thing they seem to want to invite in from the outside is the rain. Makes no sense to me. For all purposes it is an enclosed stadium, why bother putting up with the hassle of cancelled concerts and stuff because of rain?
Just for the record...even if it did have a roof..it would still be a cold looking box full of seats. Zero creativity...this stadium will be dinstinct only for it's complete lack of anything distinct.

...which maybe makes it the perfect home for the Giants and the Jets...

you guys need to understand Americans hate dome stadiums cause football=the weather and any elements it brings. People here all wonder why GreenBay doesn't have a dome but almost every person I meet in Minesota wishes they were back to the old outdoor stadium.
I've seen pics of the new stadium Cowboys are building and that looks good. Jerry Jone's is putting in 60 yard flat screens on each side. Will cost over a billion and he's paying most of it. Helps to have endless pockets.
Right now my fave new stadium is Arizona. Only indoor stadium with real grass cause they slide the field outdoors during the week

Retractable domes are the way to go....lots of nice ones are popping up in the south actually. Domes that incorporate the outdoors but still have a roof.
Down there it is to eliminate the heat factor....up hear it would be to keep snow out until game time...then open 'er up!

The new Meadowlands stadium had to be built like that in order to maximize revenues from the giant (no pun) New York market. Although Heinz Field is much more pleasing on the eye, it houses roughly HALF the corporate suites that its New York cousin will. At those numbers if the stadium had open end zones, the height of the stands along the sidelines would have to be made so high that the sight lines would be unmanageable. It would be like trying to watch a football game from a skyscraper.