Pickett joins Stamps; 3 teams down, 5 to go

This guy just can't stick anywhere, can he? :lol:

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=324686

No, and Chief I'll wager you that he doesn't stick in Calgary either.

...there's always the Calgary Stampede.... :wink: :rockin:

Wouldn't surprise me...

i dont think we can count the als... he was cut before training camp. that was strange,

...seems at least he's making an effort to stay alive so far....heading into tomorrows PS game against the riders he is still listed as #4 behind Burris/Tate/Champion in that order...probably wont see much play time, maybe a bit of the fourth quarter...Sunday night is cut time...

You think they would cut players immediately after the game without watching film first? The cut-down date is June 24 so they have time.

..oh I dont' think they'll enact cuts right away BB, you're right in that most cuts will come along over the next few days, probably Monday or Tuesday, but there will be some cuts I would imagine already decided with 00:01 left on the clock, and why let a player suffer with the unknown of his future...

...we'll see what happens today, my gut feeling is that based on his pretty solid performance last week in eskimoland Champion has nailed down the #3 spot behind Tate....Pickett will be dealt depending on how the other 5 teams back-ups do today, and if no one comes a-calling he'll be outright released first thing Monday morning...

Well, Red, personally I’d be shocked if any team in the league would be willing to part with an asset, any asset, even the ubiquitous “future considerations”, in order to acquire Pickett.

If some team thinks they need an experienced pivot Kerry Joseph is still out there (and he’s better than Pickett; they tried to supplant Joseph with Pickett two seasons in a row in Toronto and he failed to hang on to the job both times); and if some team is looking for a younger guy to develop for the future, RIcky Santos is still available.

...Wouldn't want Huf's job, Pickett played the third Q like a vet, 6 for 8 I think (and one of those incompletes was a receiver bobble) and 2 TD passes, some good field mgmt...

I wouldn’t worry too much, the Riders are making a bum look like the 2nd coming of Doug Flutie… and its only pre-season…

…the proverbial chicken and egg…did one side’s pathetic-ness make the other side look effective, or did the effective side make the other side look pathetic?..bit of both I’d offer…not entirely confident man for man but I’m pretty sure Pickett was up against the ‘A’ rider D…

listened to the game today... many times the riders were there own werst enemy... lots of penalties. i know its only pre season, but how many years you gotta play to no go offside every play?