Pick Your 09 Quarterback

I dunno about this papa.. taking a flyer on a guy who has proven time and again that his one good season was due to the fact that he had a great team in front of him, it was a anomaly rather than the norm.. in my mind, a great QB would make his teammates better, and Casey clearly proved that there is no joy in mudville(Hamilton), he did, in fact, strike out.

…i think if you would’ve put Ricky Ray in at qb. for the 08 Cats…he would have stunk the joint out…As long as Casey can still perform at a high level …there should be no problem for him playing and achieving success for the Bombers in 09… :wink: :wink:

The Bombers have a good QB in Lefors. Forget about Printers, he's a loser. Lefors will lead the Bombers to a level of respectability they haven't enjoyed in a long while, kind of like having a Ralph Brock who can win a big game.

you are probably right, Papa. No QB could possibly have performed well with that sad sack Ticat team. Except… wait a minute… the Ticats also played Trafalis, Williams and some kid named Porter who ALL somehow managed to outperform Mr. Printers. Bit of a head scratcher there…

Lefors?please...horrid qb

…oh and that’s why they were in the Cup in 08…hmmmmmm must have missed that one… :lol: :lol: None …i repeat none ,of the TiCat qbs. in 08 did a helluva lot…I wonder could it have been the whole club …or maybe coaching???or maybe it was due to the fact that Printers couldn’t perform a miracle and do it all, to get them to post season…what a disgrace??? :lol: :lol:

How does that even make sense papa?

Here is what you said:

.....i think if you would've put Ricky Ray in at qb. for the 08 Cats....he would have stunk the joint out
And what I pointed out was, the ONLY QB of the 4 they used that "stunk the joint out" was Casey Printers. All of the others played, by direct comparison BETTER than Printers, and by any objective standard you care to put forth, they played reasonably well. Achieving a 68 QB rating is tough. Keeping your job with that rating is even tougher.

…how do you make sense…the end result of all of the Ti-Cats qbs…including Printers, i’ll agree, was zippo…Seems to me this is still a team game…You can try to blame one guy for the succcess or failure of the team but my friend it doesn’t work that way… The onus lies with every qb. in the Cats stable…the final result for all of them was nada…The reference to Ray still stands …Why is that so difficult for you to understand…??? :roll:

You aren’t very consistent Papa. When talking about Kevin Glenn, one gets the impression the Bombers failed to win a Cup last year just because of him, but when talking about Printers (now that you believe he may be a Bomber) nothing that happened in Hamilton was his fault. You don’t get to have your cake and eat it too. We are comparing apples to apples here. Four QBs played for the same team last year–the Hamilton TiCats. They all had the same o-line, same receivers, same coaches, same everything. But one of those QBs put up dismal numbers–a 68 QB rating, twice as many interceptions as TDs, 7 fumbles, etc. And beyond the statistics, he showed poor decision making skills, and poor mechanics–he simply did not play well. Using the same weapons as Printers had, 3 other QBs (all with less experience) played better, made better decisions, displayed better skills and put up better numbers. In no way am I blaming Printers for the lack of success the Ticats had. It is a team sport (unless you can point the finger at Kevin Glenn). But believe it or not, within the team game it is actually possible to look at an individual player and assess how he played. Did he make the team better, or did another player at that position outperform him? And the answer in this case is, 3 other guys outperformed Printers. Which makes your contention that no QB, not even the best in the league, could have had success with Hamilton just typical Bomber blue tinted BS—you believe Casey will be a Bomber soon, so suddenly he is king. If he had played for the Bombers last year, you’d be all over him, demanding he be cut, ready to run him out of town. after all, look at your position on Kevin Glenn, who by comparison to how Printers played in 2008 had another MOP calibre season.
If your conclusion regarding Printers/Ray, were valid, then by looking at how Tony Miles performed last year, a guy like Geroy Simon "would have “stunk the joint out”. And it would also be your conclusion that Prescae Rodriguez did not play well–after all, the team wasn’t good, didn’t make the play-offs, therefore how can it be possible to say, “Miles played poorly, Rodriguez played well”. By your standard, they both must have played poorly if either did, because “it is a team game”.

....How can i simplify this for you....An easy to understand statement was made...'that' It mattered NOT who quarterbacked the Hamilton Ti-Cats last year ( i used ray as an example)....because of the inept play of the TEAM....including the quarterbacks...the result was negative...Why you are going on about qbs. percentages....Kevin Glenn and the cisco kid is beyond me....Sambo ...your fellow fan and supporter was right....You do print a lot without saying much... :lol:

It continues to be the case, you claimed ANY and ALL QBS would have played poorly had they played for the Cats. Your comment was not, “no matter who the QB was, the Cats would have been terrible” Your comment was " no matter who the QB was, HE would have been terrible". Night and day difference there papa, and you got nothing to back up your comment, so you are trying to pretend you said something else.

…read my previous post again…There’s no night and day…no complication…my statement is clear and concise…IF you can’t grasp it…what else can i say…I won’t go around the mulberry bush with you…time and time again…If you won’t accept the simple comment as it stands …that’s your prerogative…I can only hope you’ll be more perceptive in the future… :roll: :roll:

I agree. Nothing complicated in what you said. Having been shown to be completely out to lunch the first time, you tried desperately to disassociate yourself from your own comment. I certainly clearly understood that much…

Don’t sweat it, dude. Papazoola loves to move the goalposts when you challenge him on something he’s said.

No sweat. Papa and I are keeping each other amused until the season starts. Meanwhile, I am hunting crow the next few weeks to make certain I can serve up appropriately large platefuls to Papa as needed…
I don’t generally play the “I told you so” game, but I may make an exception for Papa.

…What do you mean move goalposts…I was being earnest and frank…(it’s hard to be those guys sometimes)…And you know discipline i only move the agenda ,not goalposts…i reserve that for the reg. season :lol:

…I like my ‘black bird’ with a little salt and pepper Ari ol boy…how do you like yours./… :lol: :lol:

I knew what he meant!

So… don’t keep us guessing… what did he mean?