Photos of the Tigercats, Cheerleaders and Grey Cup 2007/2008

great pics! keep doin that please 8)

They capture those little things big time!

I agree with my cousin who, when he saw your pics, noted the great compostion and outstanding clarity.

If there is anything you would like to see more of,
I prefer game action pics and Ti-Cat cheerleader action pics.

I especially love the pic of Dorsey being gang tackled by the Ti-Cat defense. It’s my new desktop theme.

Those are some great photos Philbrick, thanks for adding them to the thread. Thanks for your comments aswell.

Lockhart and Kirk, thank you both for your comments. I'll include a few extra action and cheer shots for you in the next series.

Another favourite is the faces of the players as they walk off the field after a victory.

Hopefully the team can help me out with that next game :smiley:

*UPDATE: September 01 game photos added

Hey everyone,
Here's a few photos from the September 01 game against the Argos.

Hope you all enjoy the pics, comments and feedback are appreciated.
I didn't get as many game shots as I would have liked (it can be tough with the low light)
but hopefully I'll have more at the next game since its a little earlier.

As always, more photos available at www.flickr.com/gore84

See you next game!

Awesome shots GORE.

Keep 'em coming.

Thanks very much hendy,

Lots more on the way!

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in a little while, I was crazy busy shooting at the film festival in TO, but I finally found some time to get these pics done.

This one will be a double update. I have included a few extra action and cheer shots as some members have requested.

Here are photos from the Sept 06 and Sept 19 home games

(I have this entire play frame by frame as the quarterback tosses it and gets tackled at the same time, which I can post if anyone is interested)

Just breaking things up a bit so I don't have too many photos on one reply.

I thought the High School marching band put on a great performance at half time so I've included a few shots of them aswell...

And here's one for the fans of the mascot soccer match at half time following the band

More pics on the way...

Sept 06 home game photos continued...

Here are a few photos from the after the game "fan appreciation event"
I thought this was a really cool idea, and I know alot of the fans, especially the young ones got a real kick out of meeting the players. Eventhough the game was a tough one, it was great to see so many players put aside a tough loss and sign autographs and pose for photos with the fans.
My hat goes off to whoever came up with this idea...much respect.

Sept 19th home game photos coming up...

Here are a few photos from the Sept 19 Hall of fame game.

I don't have quite as many game photos, but I figured I'd post a few anyways.

Fans lining up to meet the Hall of Fame Inductees

Ron Lancaster remembered

I caught up with local CHCH reporter Michelle Dube filming a report at Ivor Wynne and her and her cameraman were nice enough to pose for a quick photo.

Preparing for impact

Hall of Fame induction ceremony

Waiting for kickoff

Lots more photos available on my flickr site.

I hope you all enjoyed the photos, as always comments and feedback are appreciated.
And if you are looking for something in particular let me know and I'll try to capture in next game.

-Ian

These are excellent photos, Gore.
Two questions: What type of camera are you using (and lenses, filters, whatever), and do you sell any of your football pix or have a site where someone can pay and download a high-res copy to make a print?
If you get a chance, more photos of Jesse (be still my beating heart) would be great, since I have a horrible feeling he won't be in black and gold much longer.

Gore, these are fantastic photos! You are very creative.
I look forward to seeing them - Keep 'em coming!

Castaway,
Sorry it has taken me a little while to get back to you, I was between computers for a few days
(just upgraded to a Mac...goodbye Windows!)

I am currently shooting with a Nikon D200 and a Nikon 18-200 3.5-5.6 VR lens.
Sometimes I also use a Nikon SB-800 flash, although the majority of my photos are shot with existing light without a flash.
(I am planning to be upgrading to the Nikon 70-200 2.8 lens next season, which should mean even better photos, and a new camera eventually too.)

I would be glad to sell you a print, let me know which photo and size you would like and I can get back to you with a price. (I would prefer to do the printing myself, that way I can guarantee you are getting the best quality print possible.)
I'd be glad to bring it to the next game, or mail it to you directly, whatever is easiest for you, let me know.

ClosetCat,
Thanks very much for your comments, I'm glad to hear you enjoy the photos, lots more on the way.

UPDATE: October 04, 2008 game day photos
Hamilton Tiger-cats vs Montreal Alouettes

I hope everyone enjoys the photos, comments and feedback are appreciated as always.
I'll have lots more from the next game...

More photos available at the link in my signature.

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

Great pics! Keep 'em coming!

BTW, who's stomach is bigger: Angelo Mosca's or Leslie Stewart's?

Thanks very much Kirk.

Oh and I wasn't expecting the Cheerleader group shot to appear so small (I guess since it's cropped it doesn't display well).

Here is the original uncropped version so its a little larger (I am unable to edit my post to add it with the others).