photo construction of empire filed

Pretty amazing how they can do something like this so quick. :thup:

turkey, I hate to admit it but that's damn decent there man!

Our temporary stadium will be better than most of the regular stadiums.

... except when it comes to dropping your car keys and seeing them fall into the abyss that is known as the 'below the bleachers' area....good luck with that...

Attach em to your belt loop.

just the endzone are benches the rest are regualer individuale seats. but yes if the endzone has any gaps in it be carefull.

they are the endzone benches we used at cypress mountain for the olympics. which i heard were very comfterbale.

I would love to go to a game there any day instead of BC Place. It's looking real sharp ! :rockin:

I heard a rumour that the Lions might go with unis that look like yellow raincoats and cleats that look like galoshes... :lol: :lol: :stuck_out_tongue:

I heard that at Empire Stadium during games they will be using lifeguards instead of referees!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :cowboy: :rockin:

Look at these chumps be makin' fun of my city. Oh no they di-int! :x

Yeah yeah we get rain, but I only had to shovel snow once this year... :wink:

Yeah, whatever. :roll:

Just be sure to do your little green parkas up extra tight this Fall…

DH

This looks great!! I might make the trip out to BC this year. Bench seating rocks, just make sure you have your seat cushion.

The roller coaster in the background has the same looking skeleton as the stadium....almost like the stadium constructors got a little baked and didn't quite get things level....

Actually, when complete, all but the endzone seats will be individual bucket seats taken from Olympic venues.

Little known fact: the new stadium is below ground. Fans will be descending down steps to get to the gate entrances.

Was the told Empire like that too?

Here are todays pics of empire field http://www.bclions.com/photo_gallery/gallery/id/10925 just payed off the amount owing on my season tickets. If today is any indication of how the weather is going to be (18 degres today) , it is going to be inbelivable. Hope the lions can back it up with excellent year.

This is cool, another chapter in the lore of Canadian football history when it's all said in done, out east this year for the first regular season game, man, love it, sends shivers down my spine to be honest! :thup: :thup:

wish the Als site would post updates more than 1nce a month

Is there a wind restriction on those seats if the weather brews up real nasty ? :roll:

I know there is always one on the temp seating at Grey Cups.

Yes. If they blow over, it's too windy.

I recall watching a game and playing a game at the old Empire stadium. Watching , you had to make sure you were not behind huge beams holding the overhang roof up. Visibility between say the 30-50 yard line could be obscured depending where you were sitting.

Playing in the November rain and sleet - the centre of the field was raised with it sloping down to the sidelines which created floods from the hash marks to the sidelines on both sides. One could drown and when a tackle was made on either sideline it was like tacking someone into a lake. Brutal and with the wind, the damp cold made conditions worse than prairie cold which is a dry cold. Brutal for fans and players. Just everyone wait then draw your own conclusions. It always seems to clear up the next day after a pacific storm in Vancouver and the storms were always on game days! :thdn: :thdn: