Philion signs 3 year deal with Als

[url=http://www.montrealalouettes.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1300&ATCLID=220979]http://www.montrealalouettes.com/ViewAr ... LID=220979[/url]

Veteran All-Star defensive lineman signs two-year deal plus an option

Montreal Alouettes’ Vice-President and General Manager Jim Popp announced today that one of the CFL’s most dominating defensive tackles over the last five seasons, Ed Philion, has signed a new three-year deal to remain an Alouette.

“I’ve lived in Lorraine, Quebec, with my wife Ann and my three kids Zachary, Brett and Tyler since 2000. I love this city, this organization and I think our fans are the best in the league. That’s why I’m thrilled to have signed a three-year contract that may allow me to finish my career as an Alouette,� said Philion.

“Ed is simply dominating at his position,� said Jim Popp. “He is a key element on which we’ll be happy to count on for our defence.�

Philion has played seven seasons with the Alouettes after time in the NFL with the Buffalo Bills, the Carolina Panthers and the Jacksonville Jaguars. In 109 career games with the Alouettes, he has made 157 defensive tackles and 34 quarterback sacks.

I wonder what the Al fans will say abou this.

I say : "Yeah! An early Christmas present!"

Gotta love Philion. He's one great football player, and he's a loyal one. In today's free agents world, not too often will you see a guy spend a long career with one single team (like Jaimie Crysdale just did, retiring as a Stamps). In Montreal, we have both Philion and Cahoon who are stars who never played anywhere else. Philion being 35 years old, this three years deal pretty much means he will retire as an Als.

You may call him dirty at times, but no one can deny he's one key element in a defensive line and he totally knows what he's doing.

Thank you Jim. And welcome back Ed.

I wanted this guy on our team, Good show !

A good signing.

I think everyone would like to have a guy like him on their team, but boo him when he plays for the opposition.