Petrie...

…totally missed the news that he has left the Herald and is now in the club’s front office as Media rep and PR honcho-somethingorother…Stamps gain, CFL newspaper readers loss…good luck MP…

Where have been? You just wake up from under the xmas tree. :lol:

..hey, I was a busy guy at the beginning of december, got a new puppy....

Good for Petrie. My brother used to work with him here in Saskatoon at the Star Pheonix. He has done a lot more then my brother ever did.

I'm just curious what you guys think about having someone who is truly a Rider fan at heart as your PR guy.

Always have liked reading his articles. Matt Dunnigan sure doesn't like him though, Matt Singles him out specificaly in his book.

...if Petrie is at heart a rider fan then he sure hides it well...you sure you're not thinking of Eric Francis?....based on years of inside reporting with the club and the huge amount of trust the club has place with him, both as a reporter and now as a member I would think his allegiance is pretty much known...MP has that great quality all good sportswriters should have (IMO) in not be a total homer, he calls it as he sees it whether that good for the home team, or any team, or not....

...what did Dunnigan say about him?...I didn't read his book because of all the stuttering.....(going to hell for that one)....

Dunnigan basically said that Petrie, the Herald, and global Sports (I think it was global) had it out for him from the start. And that they never gave him a fair shot.

Of course he is a Rider fan at heart, everyone is. hehe. I say that mainly because of any out of town reporter that does any article on the riders, his takes the most positive side, he doesn't make those stupid petty stereotypical statements about Saskatchewan and the riders. Plus I know he was a rider fan before he went West.
That being said I know he will do a great job for the Stamps.

…I kinda figured that was dunnigan’s beef before you even confirmed it, but too bad for matt, he was a fool for taking the coach AND gm position in the first place…pfft, fair shot, talk about displaced blame…the one thing I really like about Calgary’s print media is that if you (Read: Hellard/Sutter/Burris/Kipper/etc) aren’t doing your job they are not afraid to point it out in no uncertain terms…the boys on the radio (other than Peter Mahre) are not so critical…maybe it’s easier to write something nasty than say something nasty, hmmmm…

I agree and well he will have a good laugh at this one as well. He is a closet rider fan :lol: :lol: :lol: that is funny.

Actually it was the sports radio here that had it out for Dunnigan and ftroop. You know billy Riderfan 960. Kelly Kirsch has a safeway emblem tatoo'd to his butt.

Why are you trying to argue with me about this. I am just saying what Dunnigan wrote in his book.

I could care less what is in Dunnitagains book. It was not one media person trying to make him look bad. It is afact Riderfan 960 had a bigger role. I know I listened daily to the garbage from that station. Where in the world do you get off saying I am trying to argue with your point.