Peterson 9-gamed

Great. Like things couldn't get worse for our offence... :?

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=328220

Pretty serious injury. I’m still trying to figure out how and when he got injured last week…

All the best to Kamau in recovery.

I think he may have got injured in the Montreal game. There was a play in the fourth quarter with 10:33 left on the clock; a late pick by Brown where Peterson got bumped on the play and thus he could have injured the achilles tendon. Simalar problem last season as well.

KP8 replied directly to the fans over at EsksFans.com ... It's the same injury that hobbled him last year. He's pretty upbeat and will still be a leader with the team.

Here's hoping for a full recovery.

Now... this means that the others - Nowacki, Talbot and Smith (but ESPECIALLY Talbot) - need to step up their games.

Backer is right. He was injured during the Montreal game, which is why we didn't notice it last week.

The other receivers definitely need to step up, especially since Campbell seems to have oily hands. I wish they kept a stat for how many times a guy is thrown to. I was just looking at the stats, and Talbot has 2 catches for 11 yards this season. Hill had more yards than that, and we released him. I'm not saying we should release Talbot. Just ridiculous that we used a guy we ended up cutting more than a guy that's supposed to be one of out go-to guys. Strasser needs to expand his playbook.

That's a tough injury, all the best to him.

All the best to Peterson , but this might be the one thing that the O will rally around and turn this ship around.

Well, for starters Hill is an Import and Talbot isn’t.
Secondly, Hill had more than ample opportunities to shine and he didn’t make the most of it. Quite the opposite in fact. As one of the expected ‘go-to’ guys Hill was a big disappointment.
Talbot, on the other hand, wasn’t even getting on the field very much so it’s hard to compare his contribution.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying Talbot is the answer because he still needs to prove himself, rather like KP did when he first got here.