Perspective: I have had a great season

:cry:

My daughter is only 11 weeks, but she’s already got herself a ticats onesie! She wears it on game day.

My aunt has been a season ticket holder since the 90s. My mom was too back then, until we moved away from Hamilton. My parents raised me as a Cats fan. We’d go every year to the Labour Day classic. I have fond memories (and not so fond ones - we had some tough seasons in there) of watching football with my family.

When I met my fiancĂ©, back in high school, I introduced him to the CFL and my beloved Ticats. He played football in Grade 9, and it was always his favourite sport to play as a kid, but he didn’t watch it on TV. He got hooked in pretty quickly, and now, he’s a huge fan. He gets so hyped up every game day and he loves the Cats. I finally bought him a player jersey this year, after him begging for one for years now. We share finances so really WE bought it, but he wanted my “blessing? (he already had a jersey, but it’s the Wildcat one and he wanted a second black jersey). He got a Masoli one. We both saw potential in him back when he started in Hamilton, so it’s a bit of an “I told you so? to the rest of my family, who thought he was garbage (of course, they like him now).

Anyway, seeing my fiancĂ© be such a big fan now after I “converted? him, makes me proud. And now, with our little girl in her onesie on game day
 it makes me so happy. We always watch the Ticat games with my dad and brother, so it’s a big family thing. We also play fantasy football now, which adds a whole new element. :slight_smile:

Great job expanding the Ti-cat family. Hopefully there are many others like you so this great league of ours can live long and prosper.

Well said Krisiun . :slight_smile:

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

With all of that gloom and doom, would you rather be a TiCat fan or a follower of one of these teams : Lions, Panthers, Falcons, Cardinals, Jaguars, Titans, Texans, Browns, Bengals, Bills,or Chargers ?

These teams all have loyal fans but they don’t have Super Bowl rings since 1966-1967. Isn’t that also the last time the “Leaves” won the Stanley Cup ? Success can be fleeting but the yearly journey toward the goal is really what the game is all about . Enjoy the journey and cherish the championships because not all teams win the big one.

Pat Lynch (the old Westdale Warrior)

Grover lives in the real world where optimism defeats pessimism on a daily basis. :)“Pessimism never won any battle”. - General Dwight D. Eisenhower

Pat Lynch (the young and vibrant guy)

This is what it’s all about Pat. Even during terrible 3-15 seasons it is still entertaining for die-hard fans to try and diagnose the team’s problems and to see what solutions the management can come up with. The entire process of watching a team transform from 3-15 into a 15-3 Grey Cup contender is very interesting.

There could also be a form of winner’s apathy that creeps in if a team is never challenged and continually blows out the competition over several years. Luckily we don’t have that problem. ;D

Leafs are Stanley bound in next 2-3 years. Great time to jump on Leaf wagon!

Great thread.

I’m sure there are many similar stories. This team has frustrated the hell out of me at times. But I continue to renew my seasons tickets every year.

My kids enjoy going to the games, but my boys prefer the N.F.L
which is fine. But like me, they have an appreciation to be able to watch live football.

I love all football. C.F.L., N.F.L., American College, Canadian University and even High School.

We are blessed in this city to have so many opportunities to get out and watch games at every level.

Get out and go to the local high school games. You’ll enjoy it.