Personally

I really hate the nine team schedule. I would prefer they wait another decade until maybe they can add a tenth team before going back to Ottawa. nine team schedule sucks

I hardly doubt anyone would disagree with you. 9 team football schedule was a disaster. Multiple Bye Weeks, odd days for scheduling. Some teams played twice in the same week (not including Labour Day/rematch)

Fortunately, I would be willing to bet there's a good chance Ottawa will be joined by another team...

I DISAGREE.

By 2005 (http://www.cfl.ca/schedule/year/2005/time_zone/0), they had a pretty good idea for how to schedule the season. In 2004 and 2005, the CFL had 81 games in 20 weeks, where they were able to have merely one five-game week with the rest being four-game weeks. Each team had two bye weeks and played two division opponents three times while playing every other team twice.

This is in contrast to the more memorable 81 games in 19 weeks schedules in 2002 and 2003 where there were five five-game weeks and 14 four-game weeks. This led to more games being played on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and certain teams commonly playing two games per week.

So I don't mind the nine-team format as long as they make the schedule over 20 weeks. I particularly like how teams aren't playing the same opponents as frequently (playing one division opponent four times and the other two division opponents three times in the current format).

It can be made to work. Obviously an even number of teams is best but putting Ottawa off for even longer on the hopes another team will pop up is foolish.

Agree, but also agree with FYB that, in a perfect world, going from 8 to 10 would be ideal. But this definitely ain’t no perfect world. FYB’s wish might come true by circumstance, if not by design, if Ottawa City Council does more feet-dragging at their D-day Council session later this month, but we are better off to take the growth we can when we can. Hunt’s group cannot be expected to wait forever - and they finally have a good ownership group in that city.

I can't agree more great post. Why trade meaningful progress even though naturally like most we would want even more?

Take it and move on from the higher ground in a position of greater strength always. :thup: