Perry Lefko interviews Desjardin

Interesting read.. check it out

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/article.jsp?content=20070827_215847_4548]http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/ar ... 15847_4548[/url]

A lot of ink for nothing but stock answers, much like the lot of nothings written on this site.

Except for this CHRUSHING NEWS for 'the majority of fans...errr..ticats.ca members

Desjardins also talked about the quarterback situation,

in particular the inference by head coach Charlie Taaffe
after the team's 27-9 loss to Montreal on Saturday

that Timmy Chang may replace Jason Maas
as the starting quarterback.

"We'll look at it," he said.
"Everyone has to be evaluated.

It's one thing to say something
in the heat of the moment after a game,

but the film reveals a lot of things that
you can't see as the game progresses.

But it's certainly something we have to consider."

IMHO- the reason Chang hasnt started sooner is Because Chang shot his mouth off, So for Disciplinary reasons he sat, and the team made due with Maas, What i cant understand is the insistence of having a designated Starter, Why not just Platoon the 3 QB,S for the rest of the season, and let the Best one emerge? AND now they are considering bringing eakin back ??? IF they do who will they cut, Chang, Williams, -- for sure other CFL teams would snap them up before long,,, on it goes :roll:

A lot of ink for nothing but stock answers, much like the lot of nothings written on this site.
As Alanis Morrisette would say "Isn't it IRONIC?" ... although, a MEANer person could say "Isn't it MORONIC?".

Peace.

P.S

IMHO- the reason Chang hasnt started sooner is Because Chang shot his mouth off, So for Disciplinary reasons he sat, and the team made due with Maas,
I have thought the SAME thing myself ...

Also, I would HAVE to believe that Maas would be the ODD man out if Eakin was brought in.

I'd certainly be 'on side' with THAT move.

And the reality is .... it likely would be a big relief for Mr. Maas as well.

A Double Bingo on this one Tom :wink: :lol: :lol:

I would think Marcel being vague on who starts is more to keep the Argos guessing.
A veteran Argo defense that can fool an experienced QB let alone a rookie like Chang could make it a long afternoon for the kid. But if he can succeed the Ticats will know they have a QB.

The point made of cutting Maas might have some wheels if the idea was to save cap money. It would have to be done soon or Jason would be entitled to his full season salary as a veteran player. I would think he could still come back in and play well if his arm continues to strengthen. However, Marcel has made some questionable moves this year so who knows.