Perc Allen passes

A legend in this city, a CHML 'Hall of Famer', and 'THE' Voice of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Perc Allen, has passed away.

Another extremely sad day for this city.

Details can be seen/heard at: AM 900 CHML
or www.900chml.com

My condolences to his loved ones. He was one of a kind and he will be missed.

My condolences to Perc's family and friends.

Oski Wee Wee,

My sympathy to Perc's family and friends.

Here is a on 900 CHML.com
audioclip of John Michaluk,

Perc's Ticat broadcast partner,
reminiscing about Perc Allen.

click here

Perc will be missed,one of my fondest memories of listening to Ti-Cat games on the radio as a kid(believe it or not,not every game was telivised back then),was Perc saying the all familiar phrase "backs are in the wide divide.God Bless to the Allen family Perc was one of a kind,and will be missed especially by us old enough to remember having to listen to the Cats on radio. :frowning:

man another sad day ...

Mr. Allen prsented me with a football award at a banquet in '75, and did it as if he was presenting it to a CFL MVP. It was a thrill. There are thousands of stories like this out there, and thousands sad of his passing. Lets celebrate his life. Thanks Perc.

I would love to see the "Perc Allen Memorial Media Centre" (or something like that) at IWS happen very soon. It would be a fitting tribute to Perc for all he did for the team and the fans of this city.

Even it were simply the CHML booth, I think such a tribute is in order.

I'm sure the Cats and the City can move on this tout de suite.

Oski Wee Wee,

I would like to send my deepest sympathies to the Allen family. I remember growing up listeing to Perc and Vince Mazza and later on John Michaluk broadcast the games and as far as i'm concerned nodbody has done it better than Perc. Also this has been a rough year for chml with Bill Stirrup, Bob Sherwin and now Perc Allen passing away, they will be missed :frowning:

Perc was definitely the best sports caster I have ever heard. Hamilton was lucky indeed, that he passed our way.

I certainly like Russ' idea of a tribute to Perc on the CHML broadcast booth, or something along this line.

Sincere condolences to the Allen family.

My condolences to his family.

The best play-by-play man ever for the Tiger-Cats!

I also grew up listening to Perc doing the Cat games on the radio. He sure made you feel like you were in the middle of the action. I also remember Perc doing a phone in talk show on CHML way back when. His laid back style, while doing that show, always sticks in my mind..........he was simply the best!