Paul McCallum

The Riders started the season probably the 3rd best team in the league close behind Calgary and Edmonton. Now without Reilly that probably makes the Riders 2nd best team in the league at least until October.

The here and now is HERE RIGHT NOW so of course they're concerned with it. With so many NFL defection this season league wide and with the new rules and probably more importantly the new schemes that go along with them, this season is really wide open. The team that adapts first and takes the lead first gets a huge advantage. There is a tremendous opportunity for a team to step forward into the wide open and be successful. I do not always agree with all of the moves made by CC and Taman, but dammit I applaud that they are doing their damndest to BE THAT TEAM!

Go Riders!

Oh Tino is #3 for sure. Even if CC hadn’t said so himself today, Smith DID beat him in camp, even I have gone on record to concede that easily.

An interesting stat to watch:
TM - Year - Pct. - - - ATT - MD
SK - 1994 - 84.6 - - - 13 - 11
SK - 1995 - 88.9 - - - 9 - 8
SK - 1996 - 73.3 - - - 15 - 11
SK - 1997 - 70.2 - - - 57 - 40
SK - 1998 - 71.8 - - - 39 - 28
SK - 1999 - 81.5 - - - 27 - 22
SK - 2000 - 75.6 - - - 45 - 34
SK - 2001 - 70.2 - - - 47 - 33
SK - 2002 - 75.9 - - - 54 - 41
SK - 2003 - 85.4 - - - 48 - 41
SK - 2004 - 73.6 - - - 53 - 39
SK - 2005 - 73.8 - - - 42 - 31
OT - 1993 75 - - - 8 - 6
-
BC - 1993 - 75 - - - 4 - 3
BC - 1994 - 66.7 - - - 12 - 8
BC - 2006 - 84.1 - - - 44 - 37
BC - 2007 - 81.4 - - - 43 - 35
BC - 2008 - 83 - - - 47 - 39
BC - 2009 - 88.2 - - - 17 - 15
BC - 2010 - 88.5 - - - 52 - 46
BC - 2011 - 94.3 - - - 53 - 50
BC - 2012 - 84.6 - - - 52 - 44
BC - 2013 - 84.8 - - - 33 - 28
BC - 2014 90.5 - - - 42 - 38

Those numbers are based on total attempts vs made....will be interesting to see if he stays as consistent not playing inside for 10 of 18 games each season. Comparatively, Milo's percentage is actually higher when you compare apples to apples...both kicking 15-16 games per year out doors. Wouldn't have thought that though I figured it was actually close

I copy the concerns that we are signing these older guys??

But a piece of this puzzle still remains Ottawa expansion and the league needing 22 more National roster players. That is an average loss of 2-3 players per team. It'll take 2-3 years to replenish the talent that got plucked away.

Add in PR and every team is carrying 26-27 Nationals...............the depth isn't out there. There aren't National receivers, kickers, DB's, OL's...........so I get the fact that as our guys get knicked up it is hard to go out find a National to replace them.................because anyone worthwhile is already on a roster.

If out National talent took some knocks I could see the green signing Woldu back.

Don't like it but I understand they had very few options.

Bombers are 0/2 on converts....is milo tradeable?

According to Chamblin, they sure hope so. Maybe they can get some equipment bags on trade.

All I saw in his interview was him stating he was in BT’s hands now as he is off the active roster…and that whatever happens is for him to do

i think that they could potentially move him…they must be trying something funky as he is not yet released

I imagine they are hoping someone becomes desperate enough that they maybe able to use him as part of a bundle package for a trade.

Milo+import to Ottawa for a national (like Sinopoli) perhaps.

Well lets just hope they can get some asset in return for Milo... This management has a tendency to give up draft picks and be on the losing side of trades IMO... Thankfully they have a really good scouting process that seems to find talent so the trading/releasing of players has not hurt them as bad.

The Boudreaux deal was the latest bust..... And getting nothing for Pierchalski was bad too

If they can get anything for a guy they have replaced and taken off the 46 it will be very impressive. Teams know he will be cut eventually.

What do you think they should have been able to get for AP, a guy who had caught a lone pass? Potential…sure…but he’d done nothing…and hey…I am as pissed as anyone about that move

Boudreaux didn’t want to come back

Picard…now that was bad…but his massive contact…backloaded from the 2013 run…made that a very difficult trade.

probably waiting till after the Toronto game as they need a kicker after Waters went down ?
Taman will probably trade Milo + import to get Pierzchalski back ?

The Riders are pretty strong at slotback, I imagine they would prefer a Canadian wide receiver.

I totally agree with you, I am behind him, whoever vandalized his house years ago was a damn fool. This goes out to the culprit You are a pathetic individual and dont deserve the priveledge of being a Rider fan`.

FWIW, Paul's interview yesterday. Apparently he is nailing everything.

http://riderville.com/video/index/id/112167

@ the two minute mark

"What's the chemistry like to build up so quickly for the long snapper holder for this weeks game?"

"Ah you know what, I just hit a bunch of field goals and didn't miss with Weston, he's a really good holder, the snapper is really good, so I just have to worry about my job and I don't have to worry about anyone else now because they are doing their jobs well. It makes it easy."

Now that's a professional kicker! No excuses or whining about chemistry.

Paul will not miss as many as Milo, have all the faith in him. still surprised to see Milo listed on the depth charts for tomorrow!

Why would there be? Dressler is one of the best holders and Hus one of the best LS around. with 22 years experience he should be able to adapt fast