Paul Lambert - McGill coach

According to CTV Montreal, Paul Lambert will be joining the McGill Redmen as a coach, but the byline also stated that he is keeping his options open to return - if coach Trestman feels the need to have him return.'

Personally, I thought Lambert was OK at centre until his injury; like all players, he had his ups and downs. I suppose Trestman feels secure at centre allowing him to release Lambert outright. LBJ did very well indeed last year, but I'm not so sure how deep the Als are in reserves at C. In a pass-happy O scheme, it's all about timing and that is particularly the case in the synergy required between the C and the QB. I think it's good to know that Lambert is still around and available if need be.

Effectivement. Le problème, c'est qu'avec Lambert au centre, l'équipe avait un substitut capable avec Luc Brodeur-Jourdain. Maintenant qu'il semble avoir acquis le poste, qui fera le travail s'il est blessé?

Luc a été initié à cette position chez les Alouettes par Brian Chiu, en ce que c'est aux côtés de Chiu qu'il a travaillé cette position à son arrivée chez les Alouettes. Il semble que ce mentorat ait porté fruit, quoiqu'il faille admettre que l'élève avait du talent. Mais si Luc Brodeur-Jourdain se blesse, qui le remplacerait? Comme vétérans, il y a Flory, Perrett et Bourke (?). Du reste, ce sont tous des joueurs de la relève. Alors qui? On déplace Fory au centre et on bouche sa position avec un nouveau? Pas convaincu.

Le fait d'avoir Lambert dans les parages demeure une police d'assurance, si aucun des nouveaux ne se révèle à la hauteur.

Par ailleurs, je suis content que Lambert aurait cette opportunité, mais je crois qu'il aurait préféré se tailler un poste au sein d'une équipe. Qu'il soit connu que ses options demeurent ouvertes semble confirmer cette préférence. À défaut de mieux, il peut rester à McGill, qui a bien besoin de gars compétents pour rivaliser avec le Rouge et Or et les Carabins.

No difference here than when Lambert was center and we had the 'unproven' LBJ backing him up. I understand the concern, but to grow a championship team, you have to take hard but necessary leaps. Lambert had the option of staying as a backup at a reduced salary. He chose to request his release. In addition, Lambert also mentioned in today's Gazette that he'd be willing to be an emergency standby for the Als in case injury strikes. He says he called Trestman to put that offer on the table. Doesn't sound like there are any grudges at all.

Let`s hope Brodeur-Jourdain continues his development and stays healthy, but I will sleep better tonight knowing Lambert will be available in case of an injury.