PATHETIC......

hey boys,

here's what I don't understand, mike kelly was working at some college teaching, then he goes to Edmonton to become a
position coach for a season, and then he gets handed the reins to become full-time head coach/offensive coordinator/QBs coach/ General Manager, even established guys like bill parcells, vince lombardi, and don matthews never had as much power and responsiblity, mike kelly is a joke, the whole spygate thing is a disgrace and his fault since he so much power within the organization, its foolish for them scapegoat a scout, when the people at the top never gave proper direction. This team is a mess, its time for kelly to open up the playbook, install shotgun formations, run a spread offense attack, use terrence edwards in a wildcat formation.

Isn’t Serna or whatever his name is the kicker Taman brought in? Kelly ripped the kicking game. Then what does he do? Trade for that punter who isn’t very good and keeps Serna. And didn’t the Bombers get to the Grey Cup in 2007? Didn’t they host a playoff game in 2008? Will Coach Kelly do either of those in 2009? :roll: Kevin Glenn and Taman aren’t the only ones laughing. Wherever Doug Berry is he must be to.

Granted Kelly made some good moves........I think that DB Heffney is an up and coming star, and of course the Shabazz deal is his best move.

But his MOST IMPORTANT moves were (a) making himself Offensive Coordinator as well as Head Coach and (b) jettisoning Kevin Glenn in the belief that Stefan LeFors was ready to step up and become starting QB.

As for (a), this 'brilliant' offensive mind has dreamed up an offensive package that simply doesn't work. Marcel Bellefeuille was a poor offensive coordinator, in both Regina and Montreal, but even his offences were more useful than Kelly's package. As for doing both jobs, Kelly should have asked his good buddy Dunigan how that works out..................

As for (b) his talent evaulation of Glenn compared/contrasted with LeFors, consider these numbers from the season so far:

Kevin Glenn, 23 of 38 for a 60.5% completion rate, 2 TDs, 2 Interceptions.

Stefan LeFors, 41 of 88 for a 46.6% completion rate, 2 TDs, 2 interceptions.

And that is with LeFors playing behind an offensive line that is better than Hamilton's and a receiving corps that is better than Hamilton's (at least, Winnnipeg fans were saying all over these boards leading up to the season that their line and receiving corps were superior to what Hamilton has).

Bringing in Casey Printers isn't going to fix this mess...................it's too late to do it I suppose, but the best move that could be made would be for Kelly to give up (or be stripped of) the responsibility of being offensive coordinator and for someone qualified to be brought in to design an offensive package that could put these players in a position to win a game.........or at least an offensive package that wouldn't put everyone to sleep......

This game was not just a QB problem. It started with the O-line and spread from there. I don't know for sure if blame can be placed at any one or even two positions as it looked like the offence as a whole was just not prepared to play.

On simple running plays I saw confusion over blocking assignments and a lack of will to hit people.

On passing plays I saw a pocket that collapsed immediately forcing a change to the shotgun to buy a little time.

Play selection is not the factor in this as the confusion leaves us unable to properly assess it.

I've been a MK booster from day one but that performance is clearly on the coaching staff.

papa I’ve come upon an idea.

How about you, I, and ploen_truth volunteer to become joint offensive coordinators?

We couldn’t possibly do worse, could we?

Mind you, you guys would probably have to restrain me from calling Stanley Jackson out of retirement…

Since Kelly wants Lefors under centre all the time, why don’t we fool everyone and go back to the old T formation? It would give us somewhere to put Joe Smith.

Seriously, I was thinking before the season began that we’d have to go 14-4 with a Cup appearance for Kelly to be worth all the grief. Instead we have more grief off the field, plus embarrassment on it.

I wasn’t paying attention in the Reinebold years. Exactly what did he do that was worse than Kelly?

Even if Kelly isn’t the new Reinebold, the key point is he sure ain’t the new Bud Grant.

Apparently you have NO CLUE what kind of power Bill Parcells was given when he went to the Dallas Cowboys. He was essentially their GM (with Jerry Jones in the mix…which is not good), he “supervised” the A playcalling, which meant he’d listen in and over-rule any plays he didn’t like. Not to mention Andy Reid is the Coach/A Coordinator/and helps with QB’s as well in Philadelphia, and I think he’s doing some GM stuff too. Brad Childress is doing the same thing, when they lost Romeo Crennel, Bill Bellicheck became Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator/GM, when they won the Super Bowl in Baltimore Brian Billick was doing all three roles, and for a time in Winnipeg Dave Ritchie was HC and ran the A as well. And Vince Lombardi??? PLEASE, he was coaching at a time when most players played their entire career with one franchise, the GM role back then was COMPLETELY different than it is today, and Lombardi himself did playcalling as well.

You can hate against Mike Kelly all you want, but you can’t just choose to ignore that he built this defense as well, and anyone who thinks that Kevin Glenn should have been “the guy” in Winnipeg, obviously hasn’t watched the Bombers closely for very long. Kevin Glenn is a 50/50 QB in my opinion, meaning his TD passes usually match his INT’s thrown.

That is true; Kevin Glenn this year has 2 TDs and 2 INTs.

But guess what? So does LeFors........2TDs and 2 INTs.

LeFors is around 46% completion rate and Glenn is around 60%.

Explain again how LeFors is an upgrade over Glenn?

In Taman’s defence…does the name Jon Ryan ring any bells?

Your Bombers are my Ticats of five years ago. It may take you the next five years to make the playoffs. Ten if you don't fire Kelly.

Bauer is not about to fire Kelly...he'd have egg all over his face if he does.

Bauer did not do his due dililgence. After tieing the can to Doug Berry, he anointed Kelly the head coach without interviewing any other candidates (other than a courtesy cup of coffee with Greg Marshall). There were other qualified candidates out there, not to consider all possibilities and just anointing Kelly was a risky move..............same with Obie handing the HC job to Bellefeuille without interviewing anyone else, or Popp taking the job in Montreal without considering other candidates. It's a risky move, because if the guy you hand-picked without investigating alternatives falls flat on his face, you're responsible.

Obie it looks like is going to get away with it.......so far, I think Bellefeuille has been a better head coach than he ever was an offensive coordinator. We all know how bad Popp was as a head coach, but at least the Als' remedied that situation. But how Bauer gets Kelly out of there without losing all credibility escapes me............but he should at least lay the riot act down and tell Kelly to go find an offensive coordinator.

Fired, are you serious, the quarterback gets canned before the coach gets fired. We haven't even seen Lefors replacement yet.

I agree he's not about to be fired, I thought I just said that.

As for LeFors' replacement...well we did see 1-5 Randall and 3-10 Williams last night...

lol, sorry not you Jack, the Ticat troll.

Now is the right time to bring in a veteran starter. All the players know it and it might pick the team up a bit.

Ah okay piggy..................sorry for misunderstanding.

Bringing in a veteran QB might not (and probably won't) fix all the ills afflicting this team.................but it can't possibly make it worse now can it?

Oh yes it can...........LeFors has only thrown 2 interceptions in four games..........if they brought in Bishop, he'd do that in less than one quarter.......

No it won’t, but the pressure to win here is crazy. Kelly’s big blunder was thinking that Lefors wouldn’t feel it but he has turtled.

Your Ticats of five years ago could have only dreamed of having a defense like ours! In reality, our Bombers are more like the Minnesota Vikings of this year. Great defense, great running back, good group of receivers, decent O-Line, just need a QB.

Williams looked decent in games in Hamilton, you give him the Bomber offence to work with I think he will be there best chance this year, its obvious this is going to be a lost season for the Bombers now, and that kelly's big idea's are a failure. I doubt he will be with the Bombers next season, Lefores should be released this week.

Yup, pretty obvious that Williams is all we have at this point until another veteran shows up. And one of Lefors and Randall will have to go, neither have shown anything of any value.

Taman was hot after Randall for years...........I'm beginning to wonder why.

We certainly haven't seen him play much since he arrived in Winnipeg, certainly last night was the most I personally have ever seen him play................and I'm not sure I see the oodles of potential that Taman thought existed..............but maybe that's just me.