PAT WOODCOCK AND FAMILY LEFT HOMELESS BY FIRE

This really makes you think .
How life can change in blink of an eye.

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=18267]http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=news ... &nid=18267[/url]

EDMONTON - Edmonton Eskimos receiver Pat Woodcock and his young family fled for their lives Saturday morning as a massive blaze threatened to engulf their townhouse in South Edmonton.

Around 5:30 a.m, Woodcock, his wife Melanie Reid and their five-month-old daughter, Kaiya, arrived on the doorstep of Edmonton defensive lineman Robert Brown, who lives two blocks away.

What a tragedy. All the best to him and his family. Looks like his teammates are rallying to help them.

The Woodcock family is very fortunate that all they lost was their house, and they are all alive and well. A family member f mine recently lost her life in her sleep as her basement caught fire, and she succumbed to smoke inhalation. My best wishes for the Woodcock family.

Thank you for finding this, Tom.

NOTE, gallows humour not to be taken seriously

Tough crowd, imagine if the Eskies lost

Seriously, its always a tragedy when someone loses their home like this. Hopefully the family won't be traumatized for life. I have faith that the City of Champions will rally to their aid and my main concern at this point would be the mental state of all involved particularly his young family

That is absolutely terrible. All the best to him. As terrible as it is that he lost his house, sigpig is right. He is VERY lucky that he and his family are alive and healthy.

He’s a great guy & a great player. I wish the best for him & his family.

I actually owe him, I bought his Ottawa Renagades jersey a few years ago & wore it to school & the principal sent me home because of the name “woodcock” on the back.

I have no clue what was taught that day & for that thanks Pat. I wish for the best.

:roll: I've got one too! :wink: :thup:

That was quite the fire! Perhaps it will get some improvements made to the building code!

What a blessing that everyone made it out safe and sound. Pat and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers at such a tough time.