Passing Leaders 2023 Season

Quite a stat for Kelly, though it’s only been three games.

After Week 4

1 Like

Just give me the NUMBERS!

1 Like

This is why stats are not the only metric to judge a player by… Except for people who like to cherry pick why their player or team is so farking good … despite the win loss column saying otherwise

1 Like

1 Like

love the new photos grid layout function. makes photo posts so much nicer. :+1:

3 Likes

QUARTERBACK OF THE WEEK: QB CHAD KELLY, TORONTO ARGONAUTS

This was Kelly’s breakout CFL game. Make no mistake, he’s played well to start the season, but this game was special. His basic statistics are impressive enough, as he threw for 385 yards and three touchdowns, plus a rushing touchdown. However, looking deeper shows just how impressive it really was. Kelly had an 88.5% adjusted completion percentage while posting a 13.1-yard average depth of target and making six big-time throws. He looked like a star quarterback for the league’s best team. Kelly’s 93.4 overall game grade was the highest single-game grade by a quarterback this season.

1 Like
1 Like

And Kelly becomes the season leader for PFF:

2 Likes

Here’s an article by a PFF guy about Kelly.

Here’s some of the PFF stats on Kelly:

Stat Figure Rank
PFF overall grade 90.4 1st of 12
Adjusted completion percentage 75.5% 2nd of 12
Yards per attempt 11.2 1st of 12
Big-time throw rate 9.4% 2nd of 12
Average depth of target 12.3 4th of 12
Passer rating from a clean pocket 112 2nd of 12
Passer rating under pressure 109.5 3rd of 12
Passer rating on throws of 10-plus yards 128.8 1st of 12
2 Likes

Maier is starting to pick up his game.

2 Likes

1 Like

QUARTERBACK OF THE WEEK: QB ZACH COLLAROS, WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS

Perhaps Collaros heard all the talk about Argonauts’ QB Chad Kelly last week and wanted to remind everyone that he’s still the top quarterback in the CFL. Collaros scored an 84.6 overall grade this game, his highest-graded game since Week 2 of this season. One of the more impressive stats of the week was that he had an 83.3% adjusted completion percentage despite leading the league with a 13.7-yard average depth of target. Collaros made multiple big-time throws and didn’t have a single turnover-worthy play. He now leads the league with 14 big-time throws to just three turnover-worthy plays (tied for fewest among quarterbacks that have started multiple games).

2 Likes

Interesting that ZC was #1 for PFF but only #4 for PSC.

I wonder what Maier’s PFF rating was, cause passing for 450 yards is a pretty big deal.

1 Like

Team passing numbers:

1 Like

Anyone know how “Pass Efficiency” is calculated?
Seems odd that WPG would be leading, and BC only be 3rd.
BC leads the league in passing yards and comp %
This formula seems to too heavily weigh the 30+ completions.

I’m not a fan of randomly weighing one category over others and then ranking teams.

BC probably dropped due to the interceptions. I’m not sure of the formula they use. I believe NFL and NCAA use different methods to figure it out

2 Likes

That would make sence, also maybe why hamilton is so low after Bo’s last game.

1 Like

2 Likes