Partial stadium opening for Labour Day

funny how last year was supposed to be the season from hell.

They never mentioned the Premium Seats - only the “upper deck” so it could be just the seats above them in the upper deck and the premium seats could be ready. The Spec article also says “but those plans could be modified over the coming days as construction continues”

Still better than a game in London. At least they would be looking at a crowd of around 15 to 16,000

well the seats are suppose to be pretty wide, anyone from the upper level want to squeeze beside me. i'll share :wink:

I'm affected. Upper/West side first row. 2 tix'.

Brother-in-law coming in from Ottawa. I've had enough, though. This stadium construction, from the beginning, has been a joke. A new Stade Olympique. A new IGF. A comedy of errors. It easily could've been done in time with even a minimal sense of urgency; but the site stood inactive during the spring of 2013.

You can tell the place isn't gonna' be ready or else the huge Tim Horton's Field signage would've been erected over the scoreboard by now. Timmies' cannot be liking this blight to their brand.

Best case scenario? All seats 'occupiable' but in a stadium within a construction zone. Garbage! What a way to present THF to the nation. What a way to present the CFL on Labour Day!

Dear Hamilton city engineers and inspectors:

Please do the right thing and 'fine-tooth' comb this embarrassing edifice and reject the permit! This is a lost season anyway. Done! Kapput! Nadda'.

Just posted on Twitter. Everyone can go!

https://twitter.com/Ticats/status/502123932842217472

I think Ottawa built a half a stadium and even then concessions weren’t ready. Nobody is perfect, except you and me, and you’re not too sure About me. :lol:

Pat Lynch ( the old patient guy)

I dont know how to read this… accomidated could just mean refunds :slight_smile:

Oy vey

Very good point

This is what the builder has confidence will pass inspection immediately

Kirkopoulos said the application was made “based on what (the contractor) feels certain of what will be approved for occupancy.”

Get these parts inspected, get a list of deficiencies and address them,
Then move to other sections of the Stadium to get them passed.

My seats are in the Upper Deck on the west side too. So I'll hold out hope for an adjustment to the occupancy permit - IF the areas they have so far applied for even get approved. Otherwise I'll just get a refund and wait for the next game in mid-September.

For those thinking season ticket holders who are in the Upper West section might take precedence - sorry it just ain't going to happen.

Thousands of Flex package or single ticket buyers already have their tickets in hand for that east side for this game. It just isn't possible to try to contact all those people and tell them the tickets they have in their hands will no longer be honoured at the gate. That would be a recipe for disaster if people with those tickets arrived at the gates. That would be chaos and actually could get quite ugly - understandably so.

It is unfortuate but in the grand scheme of things - even though I may be SOL for this game - for the vast majority a partial opening is better than shipping this game of to London.

Ticats just tweeted https://twitter.com/Ticats/status/502123932842217472

@Ticats- All fans that have purchased tickets for the Labour Day Classic will be accommodated.

Seems like they have the scenario planned out to get everyone a ticket. If you don't have one, get one quick. The last few seats on Ticketmaster wont last long.

Hamilton Tiger-Cats @Ticats · 28m
All fans that have purchased tickets for the Labour Day Classic will be accommodated.

Hamilton Tiger-Cats @Ticats · 29m
Our priority will be ensuring the stadium is safe and capable of delivering a game experience that meets the expectations of our fans.

Current application would see a capacity of approximately 18,000 for the Labour Day Classic.

ONSS will continue to work on all areas of Tim Hortons Field to have the stadium complete as soon as possible.

Major hurdle overcome today. Application for occupancy for Labour Day has been submitted by ONSS, the builders of Tim Hortons Field.

So it sounds like they had only sold 18,000 tickets for the Labour Day Game. So everyone will be accommodated but not necessarily in the seat you bought.

So what sections will NOT be open?

The application is for the entire east side and some of the lower west side. That may be added to as they get more done.

Bottom line nobody at this point REALLY knows what if any section will be open as it all depends on what the inspectors say. We AND THE TIGER-CATS likely won't know for some sections until next week and possibly some others just two or three days before the game.

I don't envy the box office people. Can it get any messier and more confusing for them? Conceivably they may be trying to re-protect upper west ticket holders in other seats - only to then have those upper west seats be approved later on. Good luck with that!

Hmm, I don’t know, maybe the rest of the season? :roll:

I have tickets for the West upper side. I can't believe this is the situation that has developed. Hamilton is a butt of jokes across the country. Image the TV camera shot of the score board, showcasing the empty still mills in the background. If the Caretaker would have stuck to his promise of January 13, 2010 to have his team play anywhere the city selected, we would be sitting in our seats on September 1st with a great view to showcase Hamilton.
What we have instead is a construction site, a mess surrounding the field, a structure that has season ticket holders names that probably won't renew for a second season.

I am disappointed, and as a life long Hamiltonian I am angry!This never should have turned out this way!

Matthew Van Dongen ?@Mattatthespec 33m
Update: #Ticats CEO says season, individual ticket holders 4 Labour Day will b seated. Some corporate partners" may b shuffled 2 future game

Details
Matthew Van Dongen ?@Mattatthespec 41m
Just checking to see what "accommodated" means for fans with tickets to Sept. 1 game. #HamOnt

just curious. what was the promise he should have stuck with?

How can anyone believe what anyone says anymore?

RUBBISH!