Parking and restaurant advice in Hamilton

Don’t forget to include PizzaPizza and McDonalds in the list of “restaurants”.

1 Like

Your culinary sensibilities are rather too easily offended. Either that or you’re working overtime to be an ill will ambassador for Toronto.

:roll_eyes:

Rather than simply sneering at another poster’s list, you might perhaps share some of your own culinary preferences and restaurant recommendations.

:question:

2 Likes

don't mind @Area51

trolls on CFL boards are a special kind of dumb.

I mean there's dumb, like trolling NFL or NHL boards...but if your schtick is to troll a CFL board, you are in a very special class.

The best entertainment is when you just read his responses on their own. Makes a Muppet look intelligent.

3 Likes

What about the Staropolskie Delikatesy at 711 Barton Street East?

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Staropolskie+Delikatesy/@43.2561524,-79.8343259,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipN5MQdf79GYtbn7XqVQyrrsBFCWRAwu_dfFUCPp!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipN5MQdf79GYtbn7XqVQyrrsBFCWRAwu_dfFUCPp%3Dw203-h114-k-no!7i4032!8i2268!4m5!3m4!1s0x882c9bfc10ea1e6b:0x369ae5e340881588!8m2!3d43.2561524!4d-79.8343259#

And would Karolina's Restaurant at 757 Barton Street East not have good pierogies and other Polish fare?

I used to step off the GO train from downtown Toronto at the old CN Station on James Street North and walk along Barton Street to Ivor Wynn Station for Tiger-Cats games and then take the last Lakeshore GO bus home to Clarkson where it let me off in front of my townhouse.

yep, still there.

I don't often direct people to barton st, but it is getting better. wingporium is there, and isn't too bad...

Toronto is probably the worst city in Canada along with Vancouver for restaurants… the best are 1-2-3 … Montreal, Winnipeg, Quebec City

And this also comes from majority of CFL players on the Illustrated Poll done 3 yrs ago… been to many cities and Toronto is by far the worst or close to the worst

Proof? your opinion? have you been to restaurants in Winnipeg, QC?

Do you guys have standard restaurants like McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's in Hamilton?

I have lived in the area for my entire life and have never seen any of those restaurants that you mentioned .

Just curious but does McDonalds sell Scottish food ?

2 Likes

:sunglasses: Karolina’s restaurant on Barton St. has been closed for years now !!

What then are your recommendations for Scotch pies and other Scottish fare in Hamilton? And what about your favourite restaurants on Barton Street from James Street to the vicinity of Tim Horton’s Field? And how about in the environs of Tim Horton’s Field in general?

LOL.

Well I can answer your question about the meat pies .

It’s not on Barton but close by on Burlington St .

If you want some of the most amazing homemade meat pies you have ever tasted go have a visit to a place called " Hamilton Meat Pie Co ."

1 Like

Yes a McDonald’s is walking distance from the stadium

Concession street has Opies but its not near the stadium.

Interesting! But “Artisan”? Does that mean the prices are also at gourmet levels?

I typically get my English meat pies and Cornish pasties from British-Style Baked Goods of Simcoe which are available outside Simcoe at a number of farmers’ markets:

-Hamilton Farmer’s Market (since 1990) - Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays
-Kitchener Farmer’s Market (since 2001) - Saturdays
-Cambridge Farmers Market (since 1993) - Saturdays
-London Trails End Market (since 2013) - Saturdays
-St. Jacob’s Farmer’s Market (in the Peddler’s Village, since 2004) - Thursdays & Saturdays
-St Jacob’s Market - Tuesdays, June-Aug, 8-3pm
-St. Lawrence Farmer’s Market (North Building, Toronto, since 2005) - Saturdays
-Pickering Town Centre Market (since 2014) - Tuesdays

:slightly_smiling_face:

New to Canada… Is there anything unusual about visiting there? *-Weird toilet systems? Is it the same as in America? Weird road systems? Would appreciate a response from a Canadian that has lived both in Canada and America.

The rest of you can spare me your insulting remarks. If you aren’t sure if you’re one of the insulting folks here, bet the house you’re one of them.

…I am a member of that group and I’m betting the house to tell you that if you ask ignorant questions you’re going to get ignorant answers right back…does Hamilton have flush toilets, ffs…is there MacDonalds in Canada…how idiotic do you think people are here?

3 Likes

I actually thought he was being facetious and poking fun at the people sneering at the restaurants of Hamilton when he asked about McDonalds and the others.

:frowning:

Sadly Hamilton has been no more immune to the plague of chain fast-food restaurants than any other city in North America.

:anguished:

New to Canada? well I live in both places so I don’t know what you are asking. Do you think that Hamilton would have “weird, roads and toilet system”… :rofl:
By the way the owner of the Ticats grew up in Hamilton but moved to North Carolina and made his money there.
A couple of people making jokes about Hamilton and a lot of sarcasm. Some people are sensitive and can’t take a joke.
If you want to know more about Hamilton just google it