Paper Bag Bowl Thread

LOL.

Of course they are , the problem is that no one told the Cats that they are .

You amateur paper-bag fans are about to see how a REAL losing team goes about its business tonight. My Als will show you how it's done. :+1:t3: :muscle:t3:

3 Likes

The old Dunnigan option pass is proof it was, you could catch it by either end…

1 Like

Well perhaps you and others can take some comfort and solace in that I am cheering for the Als to put in Dominique Davis more at quarterback and for them to call more passing plays with him in there too.

Dominique Davis can sling it like the best of them of all time and reminds me of Ron Burgundy’s short-lived college career before his failed comeback attempt in semi-pro ball.

The speed and accuracy of Davis’ and Burgundy’s throws are absolutely legendary never mind which set of hands are involved as the receiver!

But Ron Burgundy did succeed all along in facial hair and some of his off-the-field game - I give him that at the very least.

1 Like

I would join in,
But I'm a bit bagged right now!

2 Likes

Folks, I stand before you a man ashamed. My team let us down tonight by somehow finding a way to ... win?!???!!!

This is not reflective of who we are, I assure you. This team has an established and proud paper-bag tradition that I'm sure will be upheld through the remainder of the season.

Until the next loss, I am shamefully forced to doff my paper bag.

4 Likes

Your paper bag was torn to shreds tonight whether you like it or not.

Enjoy the light for now!

And all credit especially to your offensive line, Harris, and to your defence for grinding it out!

4 Likes

Montreal has best field goal defense in the CFL!

1 Like

Somebody got inside of Leg’s head. Or maybe he did it to himself. Field goal kicking is all between the ears.

He’s gotta be feeling like crap right now.

That definitely looked like just some plain old misses due to nerves or human error. No blocks, the holds looked good, no wind to speak of. It happens. Even the best players make mistakes now and again. I’m sure he’ll be fine next game.

2 Likes

I dunno. He’s got two weeks to think about it. Leg’s will still be our punter but it’s going to be up to O’Shea to decide whether ‘Leg’s’ or ‘Mourt’ kicks our FG’s next game.

Well now that you mention it, they did play like they were constipated all night.

Maybe you are right and it’s just a matter of getting some sleep tonight after a few beers, flushing everything out on the regular in the morning, and beholding the brave new CFL future after the bye?

Thank you all again for taking my call. I’ll go ahead and hang up and listen now.

1 Like

In fairness to Winnipeg, Montreal's kicker missed a chip-shot field goal in the first half. It wasn't a night for kickers...

3 Likes

The game last night should have never saw OT.

Plus Bombers may have fumbled ball away,
but Andre PROUIX said “NO!” in last minute of the 4th.

2 Likes

4 Likes

My Redblacks can't even lose properly. It's always 35-31 or 17-3, so they can say "just a few devensive breakdowns" or "we lost a tight battle"... they need to get their asses kicked real bad, then there will be no option but to make real changes.

3 Likes

If the players give up entirely… yeah. Once the coach loses control it’s over.

1 Like

In reading also the candour of this post, I feel like you should be directly involved in those real changes!

Get this man signed with a signing bonus now Ottawa!

1 Like

Our bags are heavier upon us now too. :roll_eyes:

Ah horse pucky. :unamused:

3 Likes

Ah poor Paolo. What will your bag icon look like?

2 Likes