Paper Bag Bowl Thread

OK, folks. No mincing words. This thread is for fans of the dregs of the league, the teams for whom a .500 record would feel like winning the Grey Cup and a winning record is something they read about on the bench while they were getting hammered by one of the league's actual contenders. If your team has a .500 record or better, you shouldn't post here. :wink:

Here, in this thread, we fans of paper bag teams can come together, commiserate, and talk about how spectacularly awful our respective CFL franchises are, without fear of being mocked by fans of teams who do that winning thing more than semi-annually.

Hello, my name is disciplineandpunish, and I am an Alouettes fan. My team fired the head coach after a 1-3 start but has gone 1-3 since that firing. We are busy turning second-half collapses into an art form. Our GM could impersonate George Costanza at a Seinfeld-themed costume party. We collect penalties like they are trophies.

(This is all in good fun. Nobody take anything here too seriously.)

8 Likes

Come on, where are you Ottawa, Hamilton, and Edmonton fans? Let's goooo.

3 Likes

Sorry... I'd like to help out his thread but this is one of the few times I can use the excuse, "we're just too darned good." :grin:

7 Likes

This. Is. Hilarious! :joy:

3 Likes

Shoo! Shoo! Out of this thread with you! :wink:

2 Likes

They took away my 'likes' for the rest of the day so I have to go without 'liking' it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

Hamilton fan looks at the standings and says ‘why would I contribute to this thread, we’re in second place’…

4 Likes

I propose that losing is the new winning.

4 Likes

Gee I'd contribute but being that I am a fan of the Lions I guess I'm not allowed . :laughing:

"GO LIONS GO !!! NOW OFFICIALLY KNOWN AS CANADA'S TEAM"

3 Likes

If the Elks lose the next three here in August including the home and away with Ottawa, Chris Jones should be fired and also we should be meaner to him.

3 Likes

I don't believe that you're a BC fan Bobo. That would make you a 'Lion'. I think you're fibbing... which would make you a 'lying Lion'. And if you're reclining horizontally right now that would make you a 'lying Lion who's lying'. :lion:

4 Likes

Hey, we have lost to you AND Hamilton already, so we have lost to other paper-bag teams. Time for another paper bag.

1 Like

LOL.

If the truth be known , ever since I was a kid the Lions have always been my 2nd favorite team right behind the Donkey-Cats . I remember watching the likes of Leon "the Neon" Bright , Jerry Tagge , Jim "Dirty 30" Young , Ray Nettles , Grady Cavness , Mike Strickland and Larry Key just to name a few .

It also helps that my son now lives out there and hasn't missed a Lions game all season . :lion: :partying_face:

5 Likes

Are you going to be able to go to any games in Hamilton or in BC?

As you are the CFL Forum Stan Lee Cup Champion, they should let you in for free of course.

I've already been to both stadiums this season . I was in BC last month to watch the Cats lose to the Lions on my birthday .

2 Likes

So by extension, you are a Lions fan. What's that expression, like son like father :wink:

1 Like

You're referring to the George Brancato Bowl to be played 4 hours before the Grey Cup between the 8th and 9th ranked CFL teams for the right to have the #1 draft choice in each round in store for the winner.

1 Like

Right now I think the the Cats have the honour of being the best useless spavined mules in the CFL.

BUT

We can go lower and the Ticat spirit says we'll keep fighting until the bottom is ours!!!!

4 Likes

That's okay if you're a Lion fan too Bobo. We kid. We still respect your ability to swing from tree to tree and rip our arms off if we get between you and a banana. That's a given.

Speaking of kids, your kid's a Lions fan and what are you going to do? Boo his team? I think not.

Besides I can root for other CFL teams when the Bombers aren't the opposition. I just grit my teeth and hope for a good game. :grinning: