Pan Am Stadium Site Deadline is Mid-2010

This article by Emma Reilly in the Hamilton Spectator today reports on the timelines for the Pan Am stadium as recommended by David Adames, executive director of Tourism Hamilton who has also served as a Pan Am Games committee member:

-stadium site must be chosen by mid-2010;
-an environmental assessment will then begin;
-stadium design firmed up by late 2010 to mid 2011;
-commence construction by 2011 or 2012;
-complete the construction of the stadium by 2014.

http://thespec.com/News/Local/article/675562

sounds like the same time lines as the new Ottawa Stadium, except that the new Ottawa team will be playing in the new stadium in 2014. I should imagine that the Ticats would move into the new stadium after expansion, not sure if that would be for the 2015 season. If they go for temporary bolt together stands then it could be 15 but if its going to be decent seats on concrete/steel then I imagine it will happen in 2016.

How many stadium threads do we need?

I see that the Green Riders are planning a new stadium in the downtown core near the railyards. Excellent location choice! :thup: :thup: :thup:
Pat Lynch(the old guy in section 7)

-stadium site must be chosen by mid-2010;
-an environmental assessment will then begin;
-stadium design firmed up by late 2010 to mid 2011;
-commence construction by 2011 or 2012;
-complete the construction of the stadium by 2014.

Sounds like a neat and tidy schedule. I'm sure it will be no problem for Hamilton given our stellar record of getting things done seamlessly and in a timely fashion.

:wink: :lol:

Ummm...It aint just hamilton, Also invloved are the province, the feds and the Pan Am corporation that is yet to be formed. Relax.

How many stadium threads do we need?

Thanks Captain. I was just going to start a thread titled Environment Assessment for the New Stadium.

Ok, I better not. :wink:

Billions and billions...

We need a repository.

Oskee Oui Oui