Outraged at the CFL leadership.....

I don't have much time on my hands to post but I have skimmed through the seemingly endless Ricky Williams threads.....and I'm shaking my head...

I have no desire to post in those threads over and over so I'll just state my opinion on this matter once.

Here goes:

I am outraged at the Argos and the CFL front office for allowing this nimwit into our league. The guy is talented without a doubt but who cares about talent if his main story is his activities outside of football...I don't smoke that crap myself, certainly don't allow it in my home and try not to knowingly associate with anyone who does. It's illegal and if one smokes it, why flaunt it?....

Anyhow, my issue is... why on earth would the CFL allow such a controversy to dominate the CFL image when so much hard work has been going on the past few years to take this league to the next level in credibility......it's mind boggling especially since this guy is still under an NFL contract and has nothing to add to the CFL except collecting a paycheque for 18 games......cripes, he's already on his CFL farewell tour starting this week against the Tiger-Cats.......this is a 'dog and pony' show and cheapens our league..

I was really looking forward to talking about all the great strides the Tiger-Cats and other teams have made..... and with one swoop, all I see is talk about freaking drugs and morality....what a bloody bummer!

Williams refused to stop smoking illegal drugs even though it hurt his team, teammates and family.....and it upset the NFL and the Dolphins......now he's bringing his show here and is already upsetting the positive vibes that have been happening in the CFL.....

Thanks Mr. Wright.....you dropped the ball huge and now we have to suffer through this freak show all year long......ughhhhhh

Well, there's my opinion in a nutshell....if you don't agree, well that's ok too.....but I will not debate it as I'm already tired of the subject as I suspect most CFL fans, coaches and players already are too.

Go Cats Go!

Good Call Mikey.
I won't say my opinion again as I have already done so on another forum but I agree with your comment and views on this situation 100%

Lighten up Mickey. Ricky is a fine human being who has been through allot in his days and is probably the nicest person to ever put on an NFL uniform, he is only guilty in my opinion of not having the right personality or ego to deal with the presures of being a superstar NFL back. Don't dismiss someone as a person just because they smoke a certain 'soft' drug, probably 80% of the music you allow into your home is written by musicians who use that same drug, and most likely worse ones.

Until there's drug testing in the CFL, why persecute the man for something that is more than acceptable by today's CFL standards?

Why is it his fault that we dont have proper rules in place?

Personally I think we should be talking about what a challenege this brings to the players in the league, not complaining because he went to our rival.

Seriously people, this is starting to sound like sour grapes.

Let him go there, let him succeed, let him fail, who cares.

Lets just beat the Argos nomatter who they suit up.

I've made it clear that I wasn't in favour of him coming up here, but in true me fashion, it's really getting on my nerves that so many people are taking shots at the guy. I don't agree with the choices he's made and wouldn't make them myself but that doesn't give me the right to judge the guy. We're all human and we all make bad or wrong choices, some of us are experts in the field and repeat the same stupid mistakes over and over. People have the tendency to believe that they know someone and they hold fast to the idea they have of the person's personality. None of us or the people who are running their mouths know him on a personal leve. Leave the guy alone and let him play football. End of rant.

You will NOT DEBATE because

A)This is largely a reflection of PERSONAL BELIEF SYSTEMS, which are rarely (if EVER) changed through talk

B)You obviously have NO CLUE of what you are speaking about, namely, MARIJUANA.

C) You just wanted to make sure your opinion was known, and that we ALL KNOW what a fine upstanding citizen you are. Whom, by virtue of not smoking a NATURALLY OCCURRING WEED can be deemed beyond reproach.

Peace.

P.S - Hope you enjoyed that MORALLY SUPERIOR, man-made brand of recreation called ALCOHOL today, Mikey.

The same LEGAL POISON responsible for more DEATH and MAYHEM than any naturally occuring weed I can think of.

Chill out buddy. He's not on our team so you shouldnt be so angry. So what if the gy smokes? How many players in this league gasp the TICATS smoke? Theres undoubtably some infact i guarantee theres some who smoke. If lets say tommorow you found out Rob Hitchcock smokes up everyday, would you be out for his blood? Im trying to say is so what fi he smokes? Its relaly no big deal. Alcohal is much worse than pot. Let the man run.

You just wanted to make sure your opinion was known
I said I wouldn't debate the issue but I will acknowledge something I can agree with....

I'm guilty as charged as far as hoping my opinion is known....which is why I spent the keystrokes....lol

Seriously, we all post, write, talk and otherwise express our opinions in life with the hope they get acknowledged....life would s.uck if we were yelling into an empty vacuum no?

Stay cool!.....remember..it's not the heat, it's the 'stupidity'...errrr, humidity I mean, that bothers us... :stuck_out_tongue:

After reading your post, I would say that your the "nimwit".....a close minded and self serving one as well.

Thanks for reading it though...that's all one can ask.... :wink:

Have a great night all!....hope your A/C works.....I'm stuck with fans right now.....arghhhhh!

thanks,

mike

no,no, thank-you for reading mine.. :wink:

in my thread though.......zing! :wink:

hahahaha....we all need a sense of humour at times.....good comeback 'xenu'....lol :wink:

over and out....(I'm getting soooo behind on my paperwork....and I have to get it done before 'Law and Order' comes on at 11 pm of course) :lol:

carry on!

My issue is not with Williams it is with the CFL. Williams is under contract to the Dolphins, suspended or not. Therefore not eligible to be signed to a CFL contract. Rules are rules! If this was any other team than the golden child Argos would the CFL have approved? I think not. CFL wake up, it is time that all teams play by the same rules!!

Going off half-cocked isn't a crime but I dont think you even know what you are mad at (if you really do care)

As far as "dog and pony" shows go what about the show we all had to sit through with Jesse Lumsden. He collected a paycheque while teasing us all the whole time knowing full well he'd be back down south again. At least with Williams we'll hopefully get a full season.

What about the spectacle of the team pimping to lure Flutie back with the idea of private sector companies footing the bill?

What about the spectacle of the Davis/Comiskey/DMAC/Maas trade that wasnt a trade but, of course, two totally seperate deals?

You said you didnt care about players' personal life yet you call him a "nitwit" for smoking pot which he says he's given up.

The Cats have a player in camp that beat up on his girlfriend and other sordid messes where's your outrage there?

This is a deal made by a private company with their money. Like white helmets and yellow sweaters Its their team they can do and try what they like.

Obviously Tom Wright feels williams will put people in the seats all over the league, so why not? The CFL is a business.

Pretending to be upset at something just for its own sake isnt the same thing as making a point. If you truly cared you would be consistent, which you are not.

Relax, the Dolphins allowed Ricky to sign, the NFL allowed him to sign, which makes your little rant pointless. And of coarse the league would approve Ricky signing anywhere in the league, especially in B.C where David Braley would have an anger induced mental breakdown if the Tommy Wright tried to stand in his way of signing Ricky.

Joe Theisman said it best.He's ashamed to have worn the "A" on his helmet.Once again it's not Williams who we should be mad at.He'll make his money anywhere they'll pay him.It's the Argo's who should be ashamed by selling out and signing this guy he was suspended by his league but now I guess anyone can come to Canada and play CFL football.Dosen't matter about their past or what they've done the slate is clean come on all you derelics down south the CFL will welcome you with open arms.We'll sign all the trash that comes our way.Shame on you Argos and shame on the CFL for allowing it.

"Derelics" like Anthony Davis? At the scrimmage people were cheering for him, he's good.
But unlike Willimas he has a criminal record.
Did the Cats sell out bringing him up here?

post deleted

Over and over again it is reported by media that anyone who knows Ricky says nothing but good things about him as a person, yet you call him a nimwit.

The guy is talented without a doubt but who cares about talent if his main story is his activities outside of football
I see the main story as a premiere running back from the NFL is coming to play in the CFL in his prime. As a football fan I'm damn excited to see this.
...I don't smoke that crap myself...
Nor do I
and I certainly don't allow it in my home
I don't allow cigarette smoking in my home.
and try not to knowingly associate with anyone who does.
I associate with some who do, just as I associate with some cigarette smokers because they are good people.
Anyhow, my issue is... why on earth would the CFL allow such a controversy to dominate the CFL
Some controversy sure, but in my estimation it's largely PR. Every single team in the CFL ended up supporting this move. Most see it as good for the league. That's why they all approved of it.
image when so much hard work has been going on the past few years to take this league to the next level in credibility
You mean like Ottawa folding yet again? If anything, Ricky has made people forget about the Gliebermans
it's mind boggling especially since this guy is still under an NFL contract
The NFL contract issue is irrellevenat since there is mutual agreement between the contracted parties.
...and has nothing to add to the CFL except collecting a paycheque for 18 games
Like every other player in the CFL this year. I'll wager he'll do more for the community than most CFL players will this year
this is a 'dog and pony' show and cheapens our league..
Remember the Jason Maas / Troy Davis trade?
I was really looking forward to talking about all the great strides the Tiger-Cats and other teams have made..... and with one swoop, all I see is talk about freaking drugs and morality....what a bloody bummer!
No, all those other posts are still there, as is your ability to create new ones regarding "[i]all the great strides the Tiger-Cats and other teams have made"[/i]
Williams refused to stop smoking illegal drugs even though it hurt his team, teammates and family.....and it upset the NFL and the Dolphins......
Wrong. He has stopped smoking illegal drugs as his last few hundred drug tests have proven. Furthermore he will be tested by the NFL this year numerous times per month. It has not been established what the last failed test indicated, although there are pervasive rumours that it was not marijuana.
now he's bringing his show here and is already upsetting the positive vibes that have been happening in the CFL
Once again, all reports indicate that he's full of postiive vibes. Listen to all those that have been around him.
Thanks Mr. Wright.....you dropped the ball huge and now we have to suffer through this freak show all year long......ughhhhhh
Essentailly Mr. Wright has nothing to so with this.
Well, there's my opinion in a nutshell....if you don't agree, well that's ok too....
[sarcasm]Gee. thanks.[/sarcasm]
...I'm already tired of the subject as I suspect most CFL fans, coaches and players already are too.
Wait a minute. You just said, [i]"all I see is talk about freaking drugs and morality"[/i]. Are they, or aren't they tired of the subject?

It's a great debate on so many levels, and this is a great forum for it.

This statement has zero credibility.

It says more about the poster than it does anything else.

Got my tickets for Friday and can't wait to see Ricky play!