our version of those guys

Yeah, I agree.

And both Bo and Jesse had injury-shortened football careers…maybe because of that combination of speed and power creating inhuman collisions?

Well Bo really just had that one which nearly ripped his leg off from his hip against Cinci.

Jesse just seemed to be breakable and brittle. Maybe something to do with too much muscle buildup and the ligaments can't keep up. He was just always hurt. But he was something.

maybe Wilder will become our version of Bo

Dave Ramie. Bombers

Lionel Conacher was much more than a two sport guy. Nobody can compare. He won the Stanley Cup twice, the Grey Cup once, the Memorial Cup and the International League championship for baseball. He excelled at lacrosse, rugby, wrestling, rowing and even boxed Jack Dempsey once.
No one even comes close to the ‘Big Train.’

.....Shout out Dan.....Gerry James played for the Leafs under Imlach (most likely would have made the Jets if they were in existence at the time)....pretty sure he won a Stanley with T.O.....Won a number of Grey Cups with Bud Grant and the Bombers...Was a pretty good ball player and was scouted by MLB....Was a class swimmer and a pretty good golfer SO IF anyone was close to Conacher it would be James...Tough to beat those guys ...They were something else and in a league of their own.

James is right up there Papa but he never won a SC. Only two players ever won a GC and SC. Conacher and a guy named Carl Voss who is impressive in his own right. Funny note; only two others have their names on both the GC and the SC, Normie Kwong and Wayne Gretzsky.

…Yeah…wasn’t sure about the ‘Stanley’…although when I think Punch Imlach and the Leafs, I think of their Cup wins back in the day…Guess Gerry missed it by a bit because I know he played for the Leafs and Imlach in those years…In any case he’s one helluva athlete…Still plays golf on Vancouver Island where he lives to this day…One of the best I ever watched

Jerome Messam=Jerome Bettis