Our QB Depth

I was a big Ricky Santos supporter. I also never thought Travis Lulay would amount to anything. :smiley:

Don't sweat it. Mike Kelly figured Steven Lefors was the next big thing and he was getting paid for his ideas :wink:

Yes, and Reinebold got paid to plug T. J. Rubley as well.

We can go on and on forever like this. . .

This is what is has been for me from day 1 (when I first made the comment last year). I don't know how that wasn't clear, I tried pretty hard to make it so. This is why I have argued it over and over, because I believe it to be true, and I can 't see why other posters can't give a little credit where it is due.

The difference is that at times (like right now) the majority of posts on here come from outside sources (Montreal fans). When that is the majority it feels like this is no longer a Bomber board. What is the point of individual team boards if not for those fans of that team to express their opinions without the need to defend every little point to opposing teams fans?
There is a main board for a reason. That is the board for everyone to share their opinions, and there you better be ready to back up a claim.
I don't mind the odd wayfaing poster coming on here posting a couple comments (respectfully ofcourse), but when you come in bunches, posting over and over, nitpicking posts for the sake of arguement, it takes away from what the individual boards are for.

Well I understood you correctly anyway, LetsGoBlue, for whatever that might be worth !

Fair enough, although I think I’d be happy with any increased traffic in our own forum, as long as the discussion was respectful.

What is the point of individual team boards if not for those fans of that team to express their opinions without the need to defend every little point to opposing teams fans?
I guess we see the forums differently. I always thought, like Blogskee, that the individual team forums were:
  1. Safe havens for fans, in that other teams’ fans were not allowed to troll, insult, harass, etc.
  2. A place for detailed in-depth discussion of the given team, where posts are more likely to be read by fans of the team. I know that as an Als fan, I keep much closer tabs on what’s going on in my team’s forum than on the main board, which is frequently marred by trolling, childish bickering, insults, etc.
There is a main board for a reason. That is the board for everyone to share their opinions, and there you better be ready to back up a claim.
And I'm quite willing to do that, except that the open forum is pretty lightly moderated. For every good discussion, there are five flame fests with no point and people playing out their private vendettas. I actually come to the Bombers forum because it's a better place to talk football!
I don't mind the odd wayfaing poster coming on here posting a couple comments (respectfully ofcourse), but when you come in bunches, posting over and over, nitpicking posts for the sake of arguement, it takes away from what the individual boards are for.
I apologize if you feel that I was nitpicking. I do like to debate, I don't see it as trying at all, but I can see that not everyone feels the same way I do. So again, my apologies for making you feel like I was harassing you.

I am a fan of the CFL and take interest in all teams. I’ve been posting in here since the forum was created. Last year posted just as much and there was no issues. I think maybe some are getting a little defensive because the Bombers have had a rough start so of course the topics tend to be more negative. Really nothing has changed except for the Bombers on field results. Same people postings. No one is badgering Bomber fans on here. I am hoping the Bombers win tonight. I think they will.

I've picked the Bombers to win tonight too.

As I tried to say elsewhere, and other people said it better in this thread, respectful discussion of football is great and I have no problem with other teams' fans engaging on the Bomber board; I occasionally post elsewhere too. Some fans might be touchy about the Bombers' start but the bigger problem is the lack of respect shown by certain posters who come in to troll, mock, and insult, and then pretend not to know the difference.

I actually think the troll count has been way down, haven't seen or heard much of either the TiCat or Rider fans of late. Let's hope we stick it to them tonight and keep it that way.