Our Next Head Coach Will be???

I'd play out he season with Marshall no matter how bad it gets and then make concerted effort to get Jacques Chapdelaine from the BC Lions in the off season. I know he wants to go to the Als but I don't think Matthews is looking to move on just yet. Also, Chapdelaine knows the Canadian game.

Russ Jackson!Thats funny!lol

Prediction.

Marshall will be coach by the end of the season, and we'll have a winning season.

New Head Coach: Joe Montford ! :lol:

LMAO...as if the head hunters are out already. My advice to all of you:

1. Take up smoking.
  2. A glass of wine a day.
  3. Sign up for some yoga classes.
  4. Stop trying to fire people like "THE DONALD"

LMAO

I gotta admit, that would be a bit of a yuck. Let’s get Jeff Rheinbold to come in from the cold too. He could be Marshall part II’s defensive coordinator. We’ll blitz 12 defenders every play. All aboard the Marrakesh Express, on the way to Grey Cup Nirvana!

Actually I’ve been thinking more about Marshall being a control freak extraordinaire, which is what a guy who sits behind me mentioned at the game from what he has heard about him from his “people in the know” I gather. I don’t know if this is true or not but if it is, and to be honest I think to a certain extent many of us could be labeled as such, I did some internet searching and found this which I read which I thought was interesting.

[url=http://www.ec-online.net/knowledge/Articles/control.html]http://www.ec-online.net/knowledge/Arti ... ntrol.html[/url]

As Radley says in the Spec on Saturday, who says you wouldn’t learn anything today reading the sports pages.

OK, here we go.

I don't want Greg Marshall as coach just because he's Canadian.

I don't want Greg Marshall as coach just because he had success at Mac.

I don't want Greg Marshall as coach just because Bob Young likes him and thinks he's a great person.

I want Greg Marshall as coach because he's a good Football coach, coaches with passion and emotion and deserves the job.

Having said that, like I mentioned about Jamie Boreham, he needs to be more than just a nice guy, we need results. If he can't get the job done, we will need to look for who we think can.

I think Greg can get the job done, and I think he will get the job done in time. So, in summation, I don't want Greg replaced. Let the man do his job and get off his back.

you do know that doug has absolutely zero interest and intention of ever coaching…right???

How can people say Paopao runs a boring offence?

Swing/Screen passes seem to be the mainstay. I like his gadget plays, but he has to do more intermediate passing or he’s never going to win in the CFL.

I don't think Paopao has a boring offense, I quite like the plays. But completely agree pseudo, more intermediate passing plays and also ability to make half-time adjustments when necessary. Otherwise as you say, not going to win agains't the Montreal's of this league, no chance.

Danny Barrett... I think he will get canned after this season or maybe even during the season. With that being said I think he is a good coach, much better than Greg Marshall PAHAHA

Ok, Ok, as always we listen carefully to what our customers, the fans, want.

So now we need to find a new head coach. But finding brilliant head coaches half way through the season is not easy, all of the good ones are employed somewhere.

Wait, I know! In keeping with the Tiger-Cats innovative recruiting techniques we are going to look at the most obvious source of overlooked talent - namely these forums:

We'll make "TheBottomLine" our new head coach, "Makaveli" our offensive coordinator, and "rocky123" our defensive coordinator.

Congrats guys! See you at practice later today.

Unless other forum members have better suggestions. Which of our forum members would you suggest for which coaching position with the Ticats?

;-) ;-)

Nice one Caretaker, very nice!

:lol:

Bob said:
We'll make "TheBottomLine" our new head coach, "Makaveli" our offensive coordinator, and "rocky123" our defensive coordinator.

Congrats guys! See you at practice later today

Bob, be careful what you ask for...you know the rest of that saying. :slight_smile:

Crash - head coach.
Espo - Offence.
Mike619 - defence.
Ty-pex - special teams.
mightypope/Wilf - team histioians/statisticians.
borehamgirl - punting/kicking coach.
TCTD - scouting.
cattmann77 - D-line.
AJB1 - O-line.
Flick - recievers (makes sense, doesn’t it? lol).
ronfromtigertown - secondary.
Barennechea - linebackers.
Zontar - GM.

No appointments for waterboy, 3rd assistant equipment manager, laundry service, etc, as I don’t really want to insult anybody.

…ah, the old bait-and-switch to sweeten up a sour thread, nice one!!

Bob for O.C. He’s got a flair for the play action.

From today's Hamilton Spectator:[i]

"Too much credit and too much blame go to the quarterback. I'm a very patient person. The only way to get into a rhythm is to play. I think he'll just be fine," Higgins said.

(snip)

Higgins said he isn't surprised Hamilton has struggled early what with a new passer and new personnel on offence.

The Calgary bench boss knows all too well what Maas is capable of. He coached him in Edmonton for four seasons.

"I expect them to get on a roll. Our challenge is to make sure the roll doesn't start until week four," he said[/i]

Sound familiar?

Another pro caoch who recognizes that it takes time for a new team to get it together.

I am not in favour of firing Greg. But, if he is fired I am in favour of Frank Kush as his replacement. If only we could hear the "beasts from the east" roar once again....