Our new stadium could cater NHL and CFL!!!!!!!

Your idea certainly has merit, Rev, but its just not Hamilton IMO. I’ll throw out another crazy idea…
Collapse Copps Coliseum and use the site to nurture the downtown area. eg. More shopping, more parking, a transit terminal or whatever. :wink:

Erect two facilities on the airport lands; one on either side of a huge parking area. (Ramp and ground level. This space could also act as a concourse for restaurants and other forms of entertainment. Space is not an issue on the airport lands. :thup:

Two meetings are scheduled in the next 4 months regarding the construction of infrastructure on these lands. Suffice it to say, THIS WILL GO IN, if only to accommodate the small industry already zoned for this area.

I know, many of the posters here are thinking,(some out loud) “there goes Spike again, proimoting the
airport lands for a stadium.” Tue, but now the plot thickens with the idea of Ballsillie and Young on board, along with three branches of government and corporate sponsorship.

I don’t suggest that my idea is any better than yours, Rev, but if there is any chance at all of Hamilton getting an NHL team, its nice to know that we have in our grasp, two multi millionaires with deep pockets on board. :thup:

In the event that we are turned down once again, I continue to like the airport lands.

By the way, did I mention that I like the airport lands? :rockin:

Buy some better seat cushions this year people. Ivor wynne is here for a while.

Balsillie says he can upgrade Copps to NHL standards for around $100 million and Asper says he can build a CFL stadium for around $100 million

I'm sure it would cost more than $200 million to build a new dome to accommodate both. If it is more expensive, what's the point? And it also means August, September and October football games inside.

spike, I'm not a huge airport lands supporter on this but from reading your post just above, I will say that your ideas here if Hamilton does get this NHL team, do deserve a fair bit of consideration by the big shots.

Will not happen… Ottawa Politicians want that land for Housing …
They can’t even agree if they want to fix the Stadium