Our new middle linebacker Zeke (and Destroy) Moreno

I read that Zeke was coming to camp next season to become our middle linebacker.
I did a little surfing and found out that he was a 5th round NFL draft pick by the Chargers, and was second on the team in tackles in 2003. Very impressive indeed.
I would think that this is a guy that McCarthy got to know in his time with the Chargers, and looks like a great prospect for us!
The middle has been a bit of a hole since the days of Tiggle leading the league in tackles.

i like the fact that he mentioned us pickin up a proven cfl pivot for number 1.. is casey printers on his way do you think??

You`ll also notice that Dejardins said we need GREAT improvement in our RECIEVERS with size going to be a consideration !!! He knows Maas had nobody to throw to to be a go to guy !!!

Clearly there's no other way to interpret that statement.

CFL EXPERIENCE...Jeff Garcia??

Hold your horses. It could be a deal for Nealon Greene or Marcus Brady or...? Wait'll the press conference and save yourselves some disappointment.

But at least he is not going to stand pat with the current roster.

An Argo fan

He's paid millions to spoon feed Donovan F Mcnabb his chunkey soup and tuck him in at night. No way will he give up that high paying gig to come to a city with suspect talent and where the fans always blame the q.b no matter how little talent they have around them to work with. I'm sure he learned his leason in Cleveland.

Zeke and destroy.

You gotta love it!

Wait a minute. I thought that MAAS was a proven Pivot, with CFL experience!
So, how is anybody else going to help us here?
If you don't hire a good CFL Coach, than even a Dickenson, or a Cavillio, are bound to failure...

The Eagle - :thup: :thup: :thup:

A website report from last year lists Zeke Moreno at 6'2", 246 lbs. It is difficult to find any recent information about his speed but a 2001 report lists him at 4.75 for the 40 yard run.

An interesting fact is that Zeke Moreno and Tay Cody were teammates on the San Diego Chargers in 2001, 2002 and part of 2003. If Moreno can show the same ability and intensity that Cody brings on game day, he will be a welcome addition to the Ticat defence in 2007.

(Eagle) Wait a minute. I thought that MAAS was a proven Pivot, with CFL experience! So, how is anybody else going to help us here? .
Actually, Maas has never been a proven pivot, but more of a proven BACKUP PIVOT. He hasn't looked particularly special in STARTING for any team. I'm hoping he can turn that around next year.

he had a pretty good 2003 season.

[url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/5587/]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/footba ... yers/5587/[/url]

PRINTERS is my #1 choice for QB, we need
to keep our ticket holders for next year
and this is the way to go!!!

I find it very unusual that Moreno was signed right after the season ended. Could they not have signed him with a couple of games left to let him show what he's got before the season ended? And as a result of him signing with Hamilton now, does that mean he can't play football anywhere else until the Cats play in 2007?