Our kicking game is getting interesting!

You know we have a history of finding diamonds in the rough !

2 Likes

All we found last year was the rough

8 Likes

Thanks!
I snarfed my coffee!

:rofl:

1 Like

The Cats learned the error of their ways and are currently mining for that Diamond.

1 Like

I’d like for it to be less interesting.

3 Likes

Id like it to be set in stone with an all star Canadian who can do it all, is 21, and signed for 10 years. A guy who can run the wind and hit like a mac truck. Emergency QB would be an added bonus.

I'll settle for better than last year if I have to.

1 Like

Sure, the guy you just described, or Lirim Hajrullahu. Whoever becomes available first.

2 Likes

I would settle for Luca Congi tbh

Well that won't work. You have to go through De Beers Canada when you're mining for diamonds in the rough. The last time we tried to mine kickers that way we got caught. De Beers made us parade around the streets of Winnipeg last year buck naked. It's a good thing that we were still in the middle of a pandemic and had to wear masks otherwise we'd been too shy to pose for the upcoming De Beers Christmas Calendar.

1 Like

I needed De Beers in my fridge to make sense of all that. :beer: :smile:

4 Likes

De Beers!!!

Bill_Swerski_SuperFans

4 Likes

Net 14 yards on the first punt
Net 5 yards on the second punt
Net 13 yards on the third punt

Yup it's getting interesting :confounded:

1 Like

The FG kicking looked impressive.

Small 2/2 - Longest 48
Domagala 1/1 - Longest 49
Leader 1/1 - Longest 35

The punting is still definitely a concern.

Whitford - 3 punts (33.3 AVG)
Hayes - 2 punts (27.0 AVG)
Leader - 1 punt (33.0 AVG)

1 Like

The punting was Dreadful!!

1 Like

I’m not sure why the insistence on doing the Aussie style end over end blooper type kicks , especially when kicking from your own half of the field. If you’re at the opponents 45 and you want to try to angle it out inside the 10, sure. Otherwise hoof the ball and try to get some distance and hang time. Every one of Whitford, Hayes, and Leader badly shanked at least one tonight. No way can we keep doing that in the regular season especially with 15 yard no yards getting tacked on.

I hope someone has Jon Ryan on speed dial.

On a positive note, field goal kicking as noted was good.

3 Likes

Hi Schweinhund. What is your assessment of the O-Line?

Also did Jake Burt get to play? I don't see any stats for him at all.

yah he played a little bit... he was more blocking then catching

1 Like

Run blocking seemed ok, Wes Hills ripped off a few nice runs.

They seemed to keep Dane clean in the first quarter but he’s decisive with the football and gets rid of it quick. When Schiltz came in I’m guessing they started subbing in some guys - he always seemed to be under pressure. Saxelid got attended to by trainers at one point, not sure if it’s serious or not but if so that means we’re down two Canadian offensive tackles at the moment.

1 Like

I think I saw Burt on special teams coverage. Didn’t see much of him on offence so pretty hard to assess.

2 Likes

Saxelid seemed to tweak his back. Looked like trainers gave his muscles relaxers on the sideline

2 Likes