OUCH! Hickman to Argos

Chaque année, des joueurs changent d'équipe. C'est le concept même des agents libres et peut-on les blâmer de chercher la meilleure entente pour eux?

Toronto le fait plus souvent qu'à son tour parce que c'est un moyen que Jim Barker privilégie pour bâtir son équipe, avec plus ou moins de succès quand on regarde l'ensemble de son œuvre à Toronto. Mais Hamilton a pigé ailleurs tout comme pratiquement toutes les équipes de la LCF.

Ce qui me porte à m'interroger, c'est pourquoi autant joueurs de la défensive de Hamilton a quitté le navire cette année? Je demeure confiant que Kent Austin pourra trouver de bons joueurs pour remplacer ceux qui sont partis, mais il demeure que Hickman et Hall étaient des piliers de cette défensive et Austin n'a pu les convaincre de revenir. Je suppose que c'était une question d'argent.

À moins que Barker ne tente de s'acheter une autre Coupe Grey, comme en 2012?

....I thought we were buying the Grey Cup this year LeStaf (according to some) Is Barker trying to upstage us...lol ...In any case, I don't know why people get surprised or upset when there is player movement that obviously benefits the player financially...Also when the Cats acquired Chick I think the writing was on the wall for Hickman...If I were Austin I wouldn't be too concerned about losing this particular player ...I would be very concerned about losing Medlock though...That's the CFL....

....I thought we were buying the Grey Cup this year LeStaf (according to some) Is Barker trying to upstage us...lol ..
[/quote]

:lol:

Peut-être! Je me référais surtout à la façon dont il a pu monter sa super équipe en 2012, où comme par hasard, l'année où la 100ième Coupe Grey était disputée à Toronto, Barker a miraculeusement hérité de tous les joueurs dont il avait besoin pour la gagner, à commencer par Ricky Ray. Le scénario s'est à peu près répété pour les Roughriders l'année suivante. Belles coïncidences, tout de même! :twisted:

In any case, I don't know why people get surprised or upset when there is player movement that obviously benefits the player financially...
Tout à fait d'accord. Ça me semble surtout procéder de la nature d'un marché d'agents liblres.
Also when the Cats acquired Chick I think the writing was on the wall for Hickman...If I were Austin I wouldn't be too concerned about losing this particular player ...I would be very concerned about losing Medlock though...That's the CFL....
Bons points! :thup:

Another good signing for Toronto. Sorry about your luck, Hamilton Fan.

This likely means Opalougo will not be returning to the Argos - - which in itself is addition by subtraction.

No worries and no need to say sorry really I wasn't expecting Hick back anyway so I'm not all that surprised or upset that he left. as for Okpalaugo he signed on with the NFL Cardinals a few weeks back so let me correct you and state........
This likely means Okpalaugo will "definitely not" be returning to the Argos. Geez A-51 you really need to keep up on these things my friend. :wink: I also have to question your math skills.......23 qb sacks in 31 gp last 2 years and you call that addition by subtraction ? Anyhow enjoy Hick who I always liked as a Cat but in all honesty hasn't been the same effective player since coming back from his stint in the NFL a year and a half ago. Hick is still a good steady player(9 qb sacks in 21 gp last 2 years) but I find it laughable that you think he is an upgrade over the departed Okpalaugo. If anything the signing of Hick along with Hall and Bulcke will make the games between the two rivalled teams all the more interesting this season. :slight_smile:

Here is a link so you can read all about it and get yourself up to speed on Okpalaugo signing with the Cards.

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/21/cardinals-sign-cfl-pass-rusher-tristan-okpalaugo/]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... okpalaugo/[/url]

Think how all those ex-Cats will feel if they watch the real Cats lift the cap.

Ship jumpers. Will serve them right.

You're living in a dream world if you think Okpalougo is making the NFL, Bob.

You seem to just be regurgitating statistics, so I really have to question how many Argonaut games you've actually watched over the past two years.

Very undisciplined player on many levels - - in addition to the asinine penalties he was often out of position and blew his gap/contain responsibilities.

It'll be interesting to see who's back first from the NFL - - Okpalougo or Cleo Laing.

The cats can go right ahead and lift the Cap, we prefer to lift the Cup.

:)

Anyway it wouldn’t be right for “ship jumpers” like Collaros and Owens to lift the Cup.

Good one Neely. :thup: Crazy thing is, I proof read before I clicked SUBMIT. I still missed it. :oops: :oops: :oops:

LOL !!! who said anything about Okpalougo being successful and making the NFL ? Maybe he will,maybe he won't ? who really knows ? I was simply under the impression by what you posted that you were unaware of his signing in the NFL and perhaps thought he was still an available FA. and could still re-sign with the Argos before the season starts. I was just informing you of the Cardinals signing him is all.
As for the interesting to see who's back first from the NFL question -- Okpalougo or Cleo Laing.......my money would be on Cleo "Clubber" Laing being back first as I have a strong impression that the Cardinals will try to convert Okpalaugo into a hybrid DE/OLB much like the Colts did when they signed Hickman a few seasons back and although he probably won't start for them he has a much better shot of sticking then Laing does in the NFL because he has more versatility then Laing and Laing as we all know has the reputation of being a totally undisciplined player who is prone to taking more than his share of unnecessary bone headed penalties. My guess is that Laing will be back in the CFL sometime around Labour Day as soon as the Dolphins realize that he isn't the 2nd coming of Cameron Wake.My guess is that he won't be re-signed by the Argos and he'll wind up signing elsewhere in the league.