Ottawa Stadium to have grass or synthetic surface?

I do beleive besides the sooners the London Beefeaters ( Western ) and the AKO Fratmen (Windsor) both have a direct connection to the Universities Western and Windsor respectfully.
So no not all teams but it is beginning to happen that way with the Sooners as the 3rd now with the Ravens.

It looks as the Gee Gees would like the same even if it is a QJFL team in the JR Riders or Cumberland.
A connection could lead either team to applying to the OFC and back to the CJFL

Why? One has nothing to do with the other. The Jr Riders are already considering it (or I was told they were in late 2011 for 2012) without such an arrangement. The Sooners moved years ago without any knowledge that they would have an arrangement with Carleton.

Even with the Ravens having to fill a full roster a year later, the Sooners only had about a dozen Carleton-bound players on their roster. There are only so many players transferring out there. A junior team can not be primarily a one-year stopgap for transferring CIS players who want to continue playing. It will be a function of their existence (it already is) but won’t become their reason for being.

I don’t even think it will increase all that much. There will be significantly fewer transfers on the Sooners this year, that much is nearly certain. What we saw last year was an abheration due to specific circumstance.

Those dozen or so players on the Sooners were among the top recruits/transfers that will be the core of the Ravens team for a few seasons starting with their QB.
Of course each of the OFC teams will need a core of players that are there to play for a Junior team in the OFC but it also is becoming more of a place for OUA teams to place transfers as well as recruiting to play in the CIS.
The OFC Junior teams do not have the same type of recruiting wars as the top teams in the PFC or BCFC

That’s right. So Carleton wiill have its core. Then come a point, the St. Mary’s players that were familiar with Sumarah out there will run out. The high number of transfers will stop; this was an unusual year because it was a perfect storm of a situation; a CIS club building from nothing.

It’s no more or less a place. You’re just hearing about it more now, probably because of Carleton.

Transferring players aren’t stupid. They know that they’re better off playing in a junior program if the opportunity presents itself than taking a year. It’s been happening for ages. The only difference is that the instead of choosing between three clubs here, they’ll be directed to the Sooners (in Carleton’s case). But if for some reason the player wanted to suit up for Cumberland instead (maybe that’s where he played his yout ball), I doubt the Ravens could force him to play elsewhere.

The relationship between a OFC Junior Club or an QJFL Junior club being in direct connection with a CIS team is something that is now becoming more.

It would not shock me if the new Cfl team get connected with Gatineau Cgep and maybe even give them some sort of funding.

While i agree most Ofc teams don’t have the4 same recruiting but if there is one team that could act more like a Pfc club is the Sooners if they can get some sort of deal with Carleton i think you will see them much like you look at top Pfc teams.

If Ottawa had a grass field they would have to put up with all the whining about having an advantage.

Ah, good point! I don’t know if it’s anything official as such, but there seems to be a nice little pipeline going on between the Cegep and U of O.

I'm also reminded that Cumberland is not fielding a junior club this year. :cry:

It would be nice if say Ottawa gave them a set amount of money they could use to improve the program then even have a couple staff who are part of the new Cfl team but there main role is to work with the Cegep club.

If enough people complain about the astro turf i can see Oseg going all out withy real grass.

Grass would be nice, adds some character to the league. I miss the grass field days. That said, I know there are costs involved, so would rather have 9 successful teams on a synthetic surface if that's what works.

I think most Cfl fans in Ottawa would be fine with synthetic surface but its the soccer fans that i can see demanding real grass.