Ottawa Redblacks

Jaelon Acklin- Missouri’s hidden talent

1 Like

I noticed acklin's talent on the first day of Ticats training camp in 2019

Must be something to Justin Hardy to keep R.J. Harris on the one game which also bodes well for making it through a long season. Ryan Davis should add to the picture when he is healthy.

Personally I would like to see Darvin Adams have another good game although I was not brave enough to use him for my Fantasy lineup.

Picked Acklin instead and notice Winnipeg has the same secondary as last week playing. Going with Masoli for 400 also.

RedBlacks can't afford to start 0 - 2 imo. Unfortunate that they do not have William Powell in the lineup to help them. One of the reasons I don't care for back to back games.

Tough loss. Lots of woulda coulda shoulda. Questionable calls and all.

Justin Hardy is getting the hang of the CFL though and Nate Behar played well again. 700 yds passing in 2 games is a lot of yards.

As easy as it is to say there are many positives it is tough to deny that they shot themselves in the foot with their play. Fortunately it is a long season.

yes it's nice Masoli has passed for over 700 yards in 2 games but with ONLY 1 touchdown thrown, we aren't going to win many games
especially when you hold the other team to less than 20 points

I'm curious to see the Redblacks face some other teams. Was the lack of scoring due to the Bombers' strong D, or was it lack of execution for the Redblacks O?

Last season, the Bombers' D was phenomenal, so maybe the Redblacks aren't so bad. They only surrendered 15 TDs in 14 games and gave up about 300 yards combined on average.

Not sure I would use "phenomenal" when that same D gave up 711 yards passing alone. I would say say they "again" stopped us from getting into the end zone. Otherwise it could be Ottawa 2-0 and Winnipeg 0-2

1 Like

I hear ya. Last season, the Bombers D was phenomenal. We'll have to see how the rest of this season goes to determine if they are still great and Ottawa just did really well gaining yards against them . . . or if the Bombers D has fallen back down to Earth this year and Ottawa's offense is nothing special.

But he is the real thing and made for the Canadian game with his ability to scramble and throw on the run. I'm wondering how much he was to blame for only 1 TD ? Did receivers run the right route, did they make sharp cuts, were they held up by D backs.. remember 2 seconds late to "the spot" means no reception/incomplete pass or worse a pick. If anybody out there has played even high school football they know that unless the QB is bad, more often than not the receiver is the cause. And Masoli is definitely not bad, he's very good behind a good O line and with receivers who have the presence of mind to come back to the ball when he scrambles. And.. he's had injuries. A good example of a good QB being released is the Zac Collaros story. Bounced around through no fault of his own and cut as being injury prone by the Riders who stayed with Fajardo. Then Zac gets a great O Line and.. well need I go on ? Masoli is a winner and even a Big Blue fan like me wants the best for him as he's a tough pro and highly competent. And of course we Blue fans love LaPo.. as long as the two of them don't
" hang one " on the Bombers !

Don't get me wrong here. IT WILL take time for the offence to gel. Some really good players but have only played 2 games together as a unit. Once they get to know each other better, we are better than most teams. :wink:
All I said was there was only 1 TD with over 700 yrds of passing. btw ...the receivers must have run the right routes to get that amount of yards but Ottawa has had issues in the red zone and getting TD's

Hey I recall before Wpg had champ years they had a similar problem and lost a lot of one score games because they couldn't finish. But in RB's case talent is there. It seems over the years that there is a plethora of O backs, receivers and defences but good O lineman are always scarce. Yet they remain lowest paid ?

LaPo can't handle the pressure. Stick him back in the booth calling plays where he is at his best. Benevides can take a turn at HC and see how that goes.

1 Like

Benevides didn't do so hot as Lions head coach. Just saying.