Ottawa @ Hamilton

:rockin:

It’s a known fact the Riders made two offers for Hank.
The RB blew this one and they should have pulled the trigger on anything reasonable.
The team has to move on for a new younger QB.

Chief wrote: I don't think Hamilton is wearing enough pink...

Well it sure wasn’t pretty in pink but at least they won. Even Pigskin Pete was working the pink.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ImX9jpAUh4&feature=youtu.be]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ImX9jpA ... e=youtu.be[/url]

Yeah, the Redblacks did blow that trade offer and blew it bad, and I definitely think they need to get rid of Burris come this offseason, yes Desjardins, I'm talking to you.

Thing is though, Burris is the lesser of 2 evils. Biggest evil in the Redblacks house right now is Rick Campbell, that guy has to be one of the most gutless coaches I've ever seen, right up there on Tim Burke's level. I might've cut him some slack before being a first-year and expansion team head coach, but there is no excuse for some very brain-dead game management he's been exhibiting lately. Not going for it at all on that 3rd and 2 late in this game, that's just bad and is a head coach giving up on his team, worse even than players giving up.

If I'm the Redblacks, I'm thinking he's gonna get the boot after one year, that's just inexcusable head coaching and even Kavis Reed would do a better job than that.

I questioned the 3rd and 2.also....totally agree alot of the problem is coaching staff

I think that having had so many problems with short-yardage plays over the course of the season has made him gun shy.

I’m not defending him, I think he should have gone for it too. But to me his explanation of “we were trying to keep the game going” sounded like code for “every other time I’ve tried that, my offense has blown it”.

They had little hope of playoffs at the deadline and next season won’t be much better. Burris has been one of the bright spots on this team. Ottawa would get more value out of him keeping him around for another year or two than from any trade, however, that’s assuming they are pro active about their future and developing a number 1 while they have Burris. Use Burris to mentor a young QB and give them an experienced QB to have as they work in their future #1.

As for Campbell he’s horrible. I’m hard on Millanovich, but even Scotty doesn’t make some of the bone head decisions that Campbell does. More than a QB Ottawa needs a coach and not a rookie coach. They need a head coach with experience. They can have Millanovich. The Argos can do a lot better (and have to if they ever want to compete again) and Ottawa already has a lot worse. :cowboy:

I wonder how Ottawa would be doing if they had of signed Chris Jones as HC instead of Campbell. No comparison IMO. Jones is also a great recruiter of talent. Don't think Jones would have worked for Desjardins, he is too independent.
Can't understand how Burris can't seem to roll out or run some anymore to get rid of the rush. That used to be one of his strengths. Go with two TE's, do something different. Unfortunate for Ottawa Demarco got injured, I think he could have put some points on the board given a chance. Burris is useless the way they are using him. Between his inaccurate throws and pass drops Ottawa isn't going to score many points.
But they do have some good young Canadians to build on with a supposed good draft year coming where they can add another couple of potential starters.

Yes, Ottawa has some good talent there and should be in the hunt for the playoffs next year but agree they are not using Burris in the way they should, odd. But hey, we’ll take it last night! :wink:

They are some great points. If Demarco was not out for the season, likely we would be seeing more Demarco in games. Burris is the front man for the new Ottawa club so he will not be going anywhere.
I would have thought as well by taking both Lavoi and Delahunt in the expansion draft as well as drafting two sport star Tyler Digby, that the TE would be used more in the offensive schemes as a receiver.
The REDBLACKS were clear with their plan of building a team from the O and D line out.
The Dline and the front 7 took Hamilton right out of their game getting pressure on Collaros especially in that first half.
The Oline was drafted well. Eppelle injury certianly hurt as he just stepped up and into the Argos starting lineup in '13
Burris moved his family to Ottawa. Delahunt, Lavoi, Macdonnel are from Ottawa, Quebec, and Montreal so I could see all in town and working out together. Henry and some of the younger imports as well could be staying in Ottawa in the off season. I forget if it is Mitchell or Miles but one of them will be in Atlanta working with Milt and his group of pro receivers.

A brief glimpse of the halftime show last night. Hamilton rock band Monster Truck.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gss-aXTjz60&feature=youtu.be]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gss-aXTj ... e=youtu.be[/url]

There may be several young QB's available at year end.
I don't know their contractual status of a Matt Nichols or perhaps a Robert Marve, who looked pretty good the other night.